Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Gas Powered Party Blender
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 6-30-2006 at 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Not like some of the units I've seen in person, but much more inexpensive than those units were however:

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/otm900100.html

The "Daiquiri Whacker":
http://www.gasblender.com

And, I like this one.... how about your own INFLATABLE Pub for your party?:

http://www.airquee.co.uk/pub/

WOW cheap !
I guess another toy, but darn, where do I put it?

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 7-2-2006 at 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neal Johns
You guys must be new in Baja :biggrin:
Desert Bull gets the credit for passing drinks out to the Pre-Nomad group (Amigos de Baja) from his TailGator.

Neal..It was 5 years ago last week when we had that BIG party at Ceilito Lindo....DK, Debra, M, Paulina, Fishunter, El Camote...and many more...

Here is a reprint of the write-up of the Margarita contest featuring Desert Bull's Tailgator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now?.the event we had all been waiting for?.the Margarita Contest. Desert Bull offered the use of his gas-powered blender, the Tailgator. Let me tell you friends & neighbors?this was no ordinary blender. This was the MOTHER OF ALL BLENDERS. No wimpy batteries or 12v cords to deal with. It takes a He-man with a strong arm to pull the fly-cord, squeeze the accelerator, hold it down & let ?er rip. From across the campground they thought he was sawing up a cord of wood. (There was one stranger who recognized the sound for what it truly was?a PARTY and joined in)

There were 5 contestants: Desert Bull, Dah-VEED (David Eidell), the newcomer Rusty (It?s REAL easy to make new friends by having a margarita contest?), Amo Pescar & El Camote?.in that order.

Desert Bull went first?(it was his blender, remember). He produced a very nice frozen margarita?but it went down with a slight ?brain freeze? if taken too quickly. Then came newcomer, Rusty. I was REALLY impressed with the speed & presentation skills he exhibited in producing his entry. He was slicing open foil packets, ripping the tops off bottles & counting out glugs, (was that RUM??) and the final ingredient was a single (pickled?) pepper! I couldn?t help but take a whiff of it before that first tentative sip. HEY!!! Not BAD!! Fruity?spicy?very unique!

Dah-VEED prefers his margaritas a little sweeter, so his secret ingredient was a Mexican product similar to what we call Simple Syrup. Another good Margarita!!

I would have to admit that every entry was darn good and the judging was now getting a bit tough. At this point we were waiting for El Camote to finish making his ?secret mix?. We waited?and waited. He was in his tent and the shadows he was casting led to bawdy speculation of what his possible ?secret ingredient? could be.

So while we were waiting?.Amo Pescar decides to try his hand. Now this one was more to my personal liking. Very tart & tangy but still with a tequila bite?.and not too slushy. That was my vote for #1.

FINALLY, El Camote was ready. He rinsed out the blender so as to not contaminate his entry with Amo?s mixture. As did the others before him?he loaded up the blender and stepped back to let Desert Bull operate it. (I think you have to complete a safety certification course before you can handle it without supervision).

This margarita produced looks of puzzlement. What is that taste?cucumbers? (he was munching on one earlier). His was a fruity, mango-ey concoction (no cukes, though) that only added to our burden of picking a winner. (It was my second favorite)

I commend all the contestants in trusting us enough to risk public (cyber) scrutiny of your margarita-making talents. They were all great. I didn?t hear one person gag. With that in mind, picking the best one was a hard decision, and in making hard decisions sometimes you have to take other factors into consideration.

After a small discussion as to whether the entrants could vote (assuming for themselves), the votes were tallied and the winner was Desert Bull, maker of the delicious frozen margarita. I?m sure, however, that if he had not been chosen the winner he would have been a good sport and not taken his blender and gone home. But sometimes it pays to be on the safe side?.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 7-2-2006 at 04:44 PM

Good story! DB fixed me one without alcohol because I am shy and delicate.

I should have remembered the five year mark because I was 49 then.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Remember when you got onto the tabletop to dance?:?:

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 7-2-2006 at 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neal Johns

Remember when you got onto the tabletop to dance?:?:

I think you have me confused with another WIW....:lol:

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2006 at 05:39 PM

That's a good find Jean's!

DAMN - Five years goes fast! I thought that was only a few weeks ago!

As Archie Bunker said, "Those were the days!"

FYI Nomad Nation----The TailGator is still running strong!

Imagine if that BLENDER could tell stories!

Holy El Camote!

The last time it was used was at Santa Maria with some new found friends that we met at Percebu---Stuck my Desert Tank Chase Truck in the deep sand on the beach after being dared to drive it across the water to Punta Penasco/Rocky Point. Went to sleep as the sun creeped up over the water and loaded my arse in my truck and drove to LA Bay with my camera. Stopped at Coco's and made him a virgin NealJohns and then headed to town...

Is Les around here anymore? Cal-Trans Les? Good dude...him and Mike from Idaho are OUT-OF-CONTROL!:lol:

Damn glad that sand was deep~otherwise I would have had to drive all the way around the end to come back and collect the bet...LOL:o

DREAM IT! PLAN IT! LIVE IT!
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2006 at 06:36 PM

the two finnest marg makers out there, tim and bedman. i dream of those cold and frosty drinks every nighttttttttttt.:bounce::coolup:
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.