BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Need Current Info on Mulege!!
lindsay
Nomad

cool.gif posted on 11-26-2003 at 01:45 PM
Need Current Info on Mulege!!

So, the Baja countdown clock is starting to tick louder for me and I would love some current info from anyone who is there now or has been in the pueblo recently. I will be visiting my daughter's Mexican relatives next week and would love to know:
1) How's the current water temperature in the Bay??
2) How are the mosquitos lately?
I talked to the relatives earlier in the week and with the night temps dropping the mosquitos seem to be mellowing out. My daughter is 3 so I want to take any and all precautions to avoid any run-ins with Senor Dengue Fever!!

Thanks again for any info!!

Subastador
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2003 at 09:38 PM

My wife and I were in Mulege from 11/7 thru 11/12. First trip, found it delightful. Stayed a couple nights in town, (La Brisa & Hacienda hotels, & a couple nights on the Orchard Village with friends.

Even on the river, found bugs to be minimal. For a small child, get some of the cream or gel deet product. Go to El Patron to eat! You won't be sorry.

Loved it so much, we bought a house on the beach on the bay. Can't wait to call myself a, (at least part time) resident.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 11-29-2003 at 08:14 AM
which project or development?

for your casa ? was it punta suenos?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
lindsay
Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 11-29-2003 at 11:51 PM
Mulege Manana

So, by this time tomorrow I will be back in the pueblo and ready for a visit to la Bahia. Subastador, glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Mulege and thanks for the bug update. My daughter's relatives live in town below the museum (the old prison) and across the street from the church. You will love your time here and go see the museum if you haven't had chance to yet.

Thanks again for your info and sorry I'll miss you in Mulege, Capt. Mike but Alejandro will mix one for us someday. Take care and more news from Mulege soon!!
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

eureka.gif posted on 11-30-2003 at 06:31 AM

Mike

Are you still interested in Punta Suenos?

Vic's project is moving along nicely everything top notch.

This would be a great place for you to retire. Sooo close to the airstrip and we could be neighbors.:lol::lol:

Tip

Good luck with your purchase in Mulege. :yes::yes:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2003 at 06:51 AM
Yes Bob & Susan, Vic's project is still

on my short list. Am waiting for him to capitalize more of the common facilities 1st though.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Bagheera

[*] posted on 12-1-2003 at 06:50 PM

Just got back..I was in Mulege yesterday and the day before.
I couldn't get in the water because the wind was howling. Lots of whitecaps and very choppy water. I guess you could go in, but it wouldn't be very much fun.
I snorkeled in Bahia Concepcion, a protected cove a little ways north of Mulege. Water temps were in the 70's. I could have trunked it, but I wore a 2mm springsuit for comfort.

Mosquitos everywhere. I have at least a dozen bites.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-1-2003 at 07:05 PM

Hi Lindsay, if you see this before you leave Mulege: If you see Ricardo Castillo, please ask him if he ever found those 1966 notes... Thanks!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Barriles

[*] posted on 12-2-2003 at 10:30 PM
Mosquitos

Ouch, sorry about the bugs. I had really hoped it would have abated by now...I am going through there in 2 weeks. My (faint) hope is that the area in Los Barriles I am headed to has cleared out. I get reports from La Ventana that things are better. Apparently it has everything to do with how well the locals are taking care of standing water.

Any more news out there?:!:
Subastador
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2003 at 11:58 PM

Cap'n Mike, Got an existing house in Posada Concepcion, 2'nd tier in from beachfront.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2003 at 06:21 AM
subastador - cool, you must know my

friends there Mission Jim and Twenty nine Palms Dave and Liz? plus all the other posada regulars like Jude, Fussy Richard , Kenyon et al..? I'll ask around for you, look for my trailer at serenidad, may no make it down for a while as my plane in for some repairs. hoped for Xmas / new years but schedule totally "up in the air" right now!!

Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 12-5-2003 at 07:22 AM
Cpt Mike "in for repairs"

Capt Mike. You really didn't try to land on the golf links at #11 as I suggested did you? If so, I see why your "in for repairs"
Just kiddin'. Those "critters" do require maintenance, don't they. One of the reasons I never bought one. Rentals were so much easier.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.