BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: fm-3
ready

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 09:22 AM
fm-3

After I have my fm-3 validated at the border is there any other process that I will have to take care of....Thanks
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 09:24 AM

You have to get it validated at the imagration office where you reside.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Wally
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2006 at 10:04 AM

A ton has been written about this but I?ll add 2 cents. We just went through this process 2 months ago in Cabo after having FM-3?s issued in New York. We were a little surprised to find that, in order to register with the local office, we had to essentially duplicate the entire process again, i.e. forms, bank statements, photos? In our case, the documentation we used was roughly 6 months old when we went in and they wouldn?t accept it. We had to do some scrambling since all of our recent monthly statements were still in transient. Since then, I have read that this seems to be a new procedure. Apparently, the local immigration office wants a complete file. You may want to hang on to all your original FM-3 paperwork since some or all of it may be acceptable.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2006 at 10:07 AM

Was talking to a friend yesterday and he pointed out that a lot of the Imigration personel will change after the election is settled - so maybe new aplication of the rules.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-9-2006 at 11:52 AM

welcome to the Baja Nomad form ready .it is nice to have you on board.

I wish you would have done a search of this site before you got your FM# we cold have saved you allot of extra work. but please post what happens when you check in at your destination.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

ready

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 08:08 AM
fm-3

I stoped at the tj border crossing to have our fm-3's validated, the officer just looked them over and stamped them.I asked if we need to validated them in Ensenada where we are living and he said no,so I guess that's it for a year..Thanks for the welcome
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 09:01 AM

FYI-- For those of you that might be interested
Patty that used to work for Immigration office)SF) now is working out of San Felipe Design Center at HWy 5 / Saltillo Rd. Doing FM3- Services.She speaks REALLy good English so this is a GREAT help!Have not heard as yet what she is charging?
Dave
Elite Nomad

lol.gif posted on 7-23-2006 at 06:15 PM
Ignorance is bliss

Quote:
Originally posted by ready
I asked if we need to validated them in Ensenada where we are living and he said no,so I guess that's it for a year.

As long as no local covets your possessions. ;D

cathart
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 07:36 PM

Ready, I really think you are wrong! I do think you need to have the FM3 stamped in Ensenada as well as at the border! Don't take the border guy's word for this! We definately did have to have ours stamped at both places! Actually, we had skipped the border because we had an appointment in Tijuana, and somebody said that immigration closed at 5pm, which isn't true, so we had to pay a fine when we got to Ensenada because we hadn't gotten them stamped at the border---but for sure, they did need to be validated in Ensenada!
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 07:44 PM

i think cathart is correct...you're making a mistake if you don't

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2006 at 09:10 AM

ready Do your self a big favor and go check in with your local office right now. you are setting your self up for big problems. if you let to many days laps between the date stamped for entering Mexico and the time you check in there will be trouble.

also go to the Mexican immigration web site and read all the rules and regs you cant play the I did not know card in Mexico. it is your responsibility to know the law here.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

ready

[*] posted on 7-24-2006 at 09:51 AM
fm-3

Thanks everyone for the heads up.Can someone tell me the location of the immagration office in Ensenada and their hours....Thanks again
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 07:57 AM

Don't know their hours but they are near the Mercado de Mariscos off the main drag, Card##as. Turn toward the port by the Pemex station at the North end of town, or look for the blue signs that have pictures of what looks like a policeman. That's the sign directing you toward the Immigration Office.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 05:54 PM

ready let us know how you do.:yes:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

ready

[*] posted on 7-27-2006 at 02:33 PM
fm-3

I went to the immagration tues. morning in Ensenada,the officer looked over our stuff and said we needed copies of all our documents.He said there was a lady next door who could help us out.Well to make a long story short,we paid thirty dollars and she took care of it.we took a reciept back to the office and were told our visas would be mailed to us in three or four weeks...Thank you all for the help,or I'd still be chasing my tail....
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2006 at 02:50 PM

ready
thanks for leting us know what hapened

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

cathart
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2006 at 11:53 AM

Ready, that ladys name is Mara, and she is wonderful! She saved us from the very unpleasant official in immigration, with whom she is very friendly. We couldn't have completed our FM3 stuff without her help, even though we had all the necessary forms, etc.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.