Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Food for thought
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 10:29 PM
Thanks Barry

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
------I get your point, and I was afraid that I was coming off as "mr. perfect", but this subject just drives me crazy!!!

Now, as for the freeway------the only folks that upset me on the freeway are the "toads" that like to cruize in the left lane (the PASSING lane!!!!) and refuse to move over to the right lane when somebody (usually me) comes up behind them. These folks should be arrested, NOW!!!!! Who in blue blazes do they think they are hogging the road and being totally judgemental by staying in MY way----------don't they know that "it is all about ME"???

Good to know I'm not alone on THIS topic. It drives me crazy how they drive in N. Ca and Oregon in the fast lane and never yield to thru traffic. So. Cal is not so bad but is scary to the amateur alright. I call it gridlock at 80 mph. Found out last week there that riced-out Nissans can't stop as fast as my truck. One barreled in and rammed in under my plug-in receiver hitch platform. Watched the whole thang on my rear-view cam. Wow, the look on those boys face. Following big trucks close and fast is plain tupid! Did about $1500 damage to their loaned car. I received nada a scratch. Dodge tough!

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 11:29 PM

This littering thing is surely a case study. I wonder if this phase would extinguish itself or will it take decades of development to redo the sides of the road. I notice in Sta Rosalia lately large amounts of debris has been removed n of town.

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 10:00 AM

Their cleaning up a lot of the abanded cars along the road too Sharky. By the way Bruce, I think it was some guy named Adoff who said " Right and wrong is determined by who is in power at the time." Somewhat subjective, but who was going to argue with him.
We are all creatures of habit that come from learned values. I guess that makes the teachers responsible for the genesis, but it makes us responsible for the developement or redevelopement of that beginning. Thus, littering is a learned habit. Doesn't make it a good habit, just explains it. Gotta go buy some kitty litter. Chow....

At a feast of egos, everyone leave\'s hungry...
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaden
Their cleaning up a lot of the abanded cars along the road too Sharky. By the way Bruce, I think it was some guy named Adoff who said " Right and wrong is determined by who is in power at the time." Somewhat subjective, but who was going to argue with him.
We are all creatures of habit that come from learned values. I guess that makes the teachers responsible for the genesis, but it makes us responsible for the developement or redevelopement of that beginning. Thus, littering is a learned habit. Doesn't make it a good habit, just explains it. Gotta go buy some kitty litter. Chow....

finely some one understands what I am trying to say.thanks Den for saying
" Right and wrong is determined by who is in power at the time." :lol:

you win the prize. now we just need to figure out what that is.:?:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 12:05 PM

aw, give em a bag-o-sauce!:biggrin:

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 01:07 PM
Well, I'm going to get myself in trouble AGAIN.

I am real big on obeying the speed limit. When I drive down the freeway, I normally set the cruise control for a mile or two over the limit (to be on the safe side), and I don't feel that I have ANY responsibility to be constantly changing lanes to make it easier for people to break the speed limit, (and waste more fuel). Slower traffic should keep right, but if you are driving just as fast as the law allows, how can that possibly be called "slower traffic". The stretch I most frequently drive has one of the highest rates of 100 mph speeding tickets in California. I'd like to hear the "take" from our law enforcement amigos on how is OK to break "some" laws.

Back to the thread, my father was a Park Ranger, as I grew up it was almost as bad to not pick up other people's trash, as it was to litter. To this day, my wife and I return from most any outing with a bag of other people's crap. (well, not literally.:lol:)

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 01:23 PM
Vgabndo------------

-----that is funny, about the Park Ranger dad------I was a Park Ranger for years and years----maybe that is what's wrong with me, as I, and my family, do the same as you in picking up others trash :lol:

In CA, the law is that the left hand lane on a 4 + lane highway is the PASSING LANE, and it is ILLEGAL for persons to cruize in the left hand lane, let alone impede the flow of traffic. It is loosely enforced, tho, and that is probably why most do not even know about the law. It has been my experience that the frustration and anger caused by folks hogging the left lane has caused many more accidents (usually indirectly) than people cruising at 70 in a 65 MPH speed zone, but I do not have statistics to back that up.

I do NOT feel that it is my job, as a citizen, to cause extreme consternation in my fellow citizens, so I religiously keep to the right except when passing.

On the other hand, when I do need to pass and have put on my lane-changing blinker, I do expect the fast cars in the left lane to yield and let me into the left lane to accomplish the pass-------it is the law, and common courtesy, IMHO.
bajaden
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
aw, give em a bag-o-sauce!:biggrin:

The sauce, oh my God the sauce, anything for the sauce. I'm your pupil who listens to your pearls of wisdom. I worship you at the great altar of ass kissers with no shame. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but, they have never tasted the sauce. Thanks again Sharky.....

bajaden
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 05:02 PM

One more word on liter. I used to belong to a jeep club called the mudslingers. I know, not a very original name. Every year we would volunteer along with other clubs to go in and clean up desolation valley wilderness area. Only hikers were allowed. Mostly people who were susposed to be concerned with the inviorment. . We were allowed to go in with jeeps and trailers for the clean up. I can't even remember how many tons of trash we pulled out of there. It had the smell of hypocrisy. Not an indictment of all the people who went there of course, but talk is cheap. I judge people by what they do and not what they say. I guess I would never make it as a politician.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 05:09 PM
Bajaden-------

While I was working for the BLM in Imperial county (1973 to 1986), we constantly had Jeep Clubs volunteering to clean up areas that had been trashed----------without them we never could have begun to get a handle on things. I was there 13 years, and I saw the trash situation improve dramatically during that time, and we have the public and jeep clubs to thank for that, especially Bozzie Willis of the "Tierra del Sol" jeep club out of San Diego.

I applaud you, and your buddies.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
One barreled in and rammed in under my plug-in receiver hitch platform. Watched the whole thang on my rear-view cam.

On your WHAT? :?:

This I gotta hear about...

--Larry

it is pretty cool he wares it on his belt in the back it points down at his plug-in receiver. he can see everything:lol::lol::lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 07:15 PM

Have you ever noticed how every one always puts to many or to few beans in there chili con Carney and you are the only one that dose it just right:yes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 07:29 PM
Bruce------

NO! Do they do that????
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
Have you ever noticed how every one always puts to many or to few beans in there chili con Carney and you are the only one that dose it just right:yes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now we're getting to the really important stuff!!!!:cool:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2006 at 12:00 AM
Larry

Quote:
On your WHAT? :?:

This I gotta hear about...

--Larry

I was on the Golden State Freeway south near Glendal and everyone was doing the stop n dash thing. Speed up then slow down .....fast! This had been like this for some 5mi, when bam! Everyone came to a screeching halt. My Ram stops very quickly. "With spare change" as Whistler says.
Anyway I was watching my backend-cam on the dashboard monitor and was watcing a couple of Chicano guys twenty something havin' fun behind me with their riced-out Nissan Sentra. You've seen em , lowered with thin tires and souped-up, tinted windows etc. Not really one of the top[ end jobs but they were goosin' it then slowing down right behind me.
The camera I have is mounted under the receiver platform that carries our our little off-road scooters. I have a good view behind me.
The dummies were showing off when the whole lane stopped dead from 40mph. I tromped on the brakes and stopped w/ room to spare but the Nissan that was behind me couldn't stop and I watched em slide right under my hauler. It was pretty funny really on the screen. They just sat there looking at one another as I pulled away to the right to assess the damage. They followed and when they copped to their misfortune we exchanged info. They did not own the car but had their buddy on the cell phone. My $6.50 Ebay purchase sustained a tiny chip in it's plastic housing but still works!.:lol:

Other than that nada. I couldn't find anything. As for the Nissan. I'd say counting the grill, hood, micl and probably that big Edelbrock manifold.....uh $2000 maybe. But hey, it was driveable or :lol: at least it was.

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.