Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fast Pitch Softball
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 7-11-2006 at 07:24 PM
Fast Pitch Softball

Does anyone know of any place in Baja that has a 16 or 18 and under girls fast pitch softball league?

A few years ago we saw teams playing, of all places, in Bay of LA, but we were told the teams were visiting from the mainland.

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
tim40
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2006 at 10:53 PM

Any ideas on how/where to search in La Paz or Cabo areas?

bahiamia
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2006 at 07:21 AM

The teams you saw playing in Bahia were from a league involving teams from Bahia, Guerrero Negro, & Jesus Maria. It started up maybe 4 or 5 years ago, and they still play.

The fellow who helped with the town electricity for awhile was from Ensenada and he kind of got it started here in Bahia. I helped coach them for awhile, and we had the little ones playing tee ball and things too, just for fun. I've played softball nearly all my life, and it's something I know pretty intimately.

Even so they're technically playing fast pitch in the league in Bahia, probably slow pitch would better suit them, because its all relatively new to them and it's hard to pitch underhand with any velocity and control unless you've been doing it for a while.

Guerrero Negro has a pretty nice ball field and the way the league works right now is they play every other game there, switching off so the travel burden is not so heavy.

Ensenada, from what I understand, has a very good team, more on the level of what you see up North.

So they play down here, and not to baseball field dimensions; the diamonds are layed out according to softball specs.
tim40
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2006 at 11:15 PM

Thank you. I have a couple of daughters that have played fast pitch 8 and 10 years both are pitchers and we keep thinking about trying to get some games together some how... Any ideas on how I could reach via email?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.