BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: What would you say when...
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 7-18-2006 at 05:59 AM

Jan i meant no offense by my remark it was just a little joke jim
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2006 at 05:02 PM

. . .and it was a good one, too!

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 7-18-2006 at 05:36 PM

jim...

No offense taken, just teasing you back (I should have used a smiley face).

I have very deep and overdeveloped protective mothering instincts that kick into when it comes to fools and dreamers.

When this single mother of a sixteen year-old girl who is driving her crazy with her out-of-control hormones told me that she was thinking of selling her small business and that she wanted to "invest" the profits into an RV and drive to Cabo to find a job there...well...I bit my lip...really...hard.

Oh, and BTW, eetdirt, I love music, but can't carry a tune in a hand basket. The first complete sentence my daughter spoke was, "Mommy, please don't sing, it makes my ears hurt." ;) :wow:

[Edited on 7-19-2006 by Gypsy Jan]

[Edited on 7-19-2006 by Gypsy Jan]

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 7-19-2006 at 07:35 AM

Two winters ago, a classmate of my wifes (around 55) decided she needed an adventure. She installed a trailer hitch on her late model Lexus, bought a teardrop trailer, and headed south for a month from Portland. Camping in the trailer. She discovered Eco Mundo south of Mulege, & spent the rest of her trip there. Plus a drive to Loreto to visit us. SHE LOVED IT!!!!!!! So tell your friend she's not the only one whose "done it". She won't be sorry. This however applies only to those who has 'good sense and smart judgement' in their everyday lives. Bad decisions can get you in trouble driving "this" highway.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2006 at 08:32 AM

I'd tell them to leave the RV at home, and go light and small, and bid them farewell.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.