BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What to do In Cabo without a car.
beercan
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy to be in Baja

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 04:45 PM
Got along w/o a car most of the time

We only rented for a couple of days .

* libs, all about choice until you choose different
* B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
* Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
* Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
* Lets win the War on Terror
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 05:13 PM

Hello Braulio

Public and private buses shuttles and taxis abound.

Most resorts offer shutttles to/from the downtown/marina area thruout the day/evening (not night) for their guests. I cant keep up with all of them and their schedules or I would gladly provide them. I am confident the concierge will be most helpful in this regard.

Also, the concierge at their resort (timeshare) can likely set up a tour to Todos Santos with one of the operators.

Driving is challenging as our area struggles to keep up with the growth -and tourists have 'a million' things vying for their eyes attention .. one split second of taking ones eye off the road to view an acrobatic marlin (smile) can make a difference ..

We respectfully recommend engaging a professional service so that they can enjoy the views.

I hope this is helpful. Lori

Edit - Braulio I thought you were asking about the ability to get around without a private vehilce - I now realize you are asking about activities.

There are lots of art galleries that are inspiring - Strolling before and after a relaxing meal offers pleasant window shopping in both SJD and CSL ..

What time of year are they visiting? That would affect my suggestion of time of day to enjoy a horseback ride for example ...

The CaboRey dinner cruise is lovely.

The town square in CSL (on Hildalgo) has delightful activities now & then. Its a nice place to sit/people watch when the sun has gone down.

Fishing and private sunset cruises are a nice choice too ... ATV tours are a good adventure for some.

I hope this too is helpful <smile> Lori

[Edited on 7-22-2006 by CaboMagic]
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 05:23 PM

Go to Hooters, Planet Hollywood, Sr. Frogs, Dominos, Mc Donalds or maybe just rent a cab or van for the day and see the off beat places that most people don't get to see.:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Reeljob
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 06:47 PM

"Planet Hollywood"?????????

Where do you supose this person has been????
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 07:25 PM
Lovers Beach

One thing to do that is cheap and fun. Take a glass bottom boat out to lovers beach. First they will take you on a tour of the arch then they will drop you at the beach. Be sure to have lotsa liquids. The boats come every 30 minutes or so(ask when they drop you off). Take some snorkel gear and sunscreen and enjoy. DO NOT stay past 4 or 4:30. The gnats come out and are the worst I have ever seen. I dont know what the price is now but it is reasonable I would bet. We always go out with the company that is a lady's name...cant bring that up right now.
One note on the buses....it is hot as blue blazes right now and the people I see standing on the side of the road waiting for a bus do not look happy.

roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 07:53 PM

Last time I was in Cabo the first hotel wasn't even finished. No nothing
ME
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 10:04 AM

you can walk to lovers beach, via the hotel solmar on the pacific side, go early before the heat and the crowds...good entertanment watching all the tourist getting in and out of the pangas at lovers beach, if you go that route be quick and be carefull or you will be part of the show:lol:

[Edited on 7-23-2006 by ME]
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 10:30 AM

I thought all there was to do was to walk around looking at all the junk the vendors are selling and getting hit on by timeshare sales.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 05:52 PM

I would like to suggest San Jose del Cabo. Great place for people watching and lots of art galleries and other shops to explore. Also a good place to sample the local food, either off the carts or in a sit-down restaurant.

The local schools put on plays and talent shows on the stage at the town square quite frequently. I don't know if there is a printed schedule but the local paper may have some info on that. There is also an estuary there to explore, take your camera (and some bug repellent if you go in the evening).

There is frequent bus service between Cabo and SJC, but I'm not sure how late they run. Check with the concierge on this also.

[Edited on 7-24-2006 by turtleandtoad]

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 06:22 PM

What to do In Cabo without a car?

Rent one???

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.