Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: The HEAT in Baja?
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 7-24-2006 at 07:38 PM

Vandenberg

I would suggest you take the bottom cover off the refer in the back and take a vacuum to it. That is something everyone should every other year.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 7-24-2006 at 09:11 PM

We broke another all time in Modesto, 113.
Low in Sacramento was 84 last night, also an alltime record.
And I moved here from Tacoma 40 years ago because I love the heat....
sigh.....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-24-2006 at 09:33 PM

It was GREAT in El Rosario... :spingrin::spingrin::spingrin::yes::yes:;D;D;D

The fog was along the coast, and it was reported very hot in Catavi?a by John M who drove there one day... 5 miles from the coast made El Rosario perfect for the summer festival! (Photos and report coming)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 07:30 AM

'Low in Sacramento was 84 last night, also an alltime record."

Thats odd. With all the State Senators and Assemblymen on summer vacation, one would think most of the hot air left town.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 08:40 AM

Or, conversely, that had they stayed it never would have dropped below 100.
Speaking of 100, today will be 10 straight over the century mark, which is also an all-time record.
Jumped in the sauna last night, ooops, we don't have a sauna, it was the pool and it was verrrrrry warm water indeed.
sandbox

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 11:48 AM
It was hot!

I drove back to Alta Cal from BCS last weekend. We were reading temperatures north of 110 degrees from Villa Jesus Real to El Rosario. highest was 116, but I'm pretty sure it was hotter than that. Like 120+. I'm amazed the cars kept up. We did not use AC one time south of the border.

Weird weather came in the form of the 3(!) hurricanes that passed under us during the 13 days we were there. When was the last time there were 3 EPac hurricanes in less than 2 weeks in July? Consider that there is a fairly strong tropical storm that's going to scrape Mag Bay right about now. I looked in the NOAA archive and couldn't find anything close to this type of activity. Looks like the EPacific is doing a small imitatation of the WAtlantic last year. If I lived in Cabo, I might be planning a trip out of the tropics for the next few months. And I might want to book an annual trip around this time of year indefinitely.

Global warming is a big hoax. I mean who are you going to believe- your own eyes/thermometer or Exxon ("Its not climate change, its just really, really, really, ridiculously hot!")
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 01:57 PM
Heat in the Big City

There was a real tear-jerker article on page one (above the fold) of yesterday's Los Angeles Times describing the difficulty the residents were having dealing with the unrelenting heat. At the beginning of the article they listed a box showing the overnight lows along with the historical average. The highest of those current overnight lows was 75 Deg in Burbank and Downtown L.A. The article then led off with a resident who couldn't sleep even with all the windows opened and was forced to take his pillow and blanket out on the back lawn to get any rest. I was almost overcome with sympathy pangs.

Before leaving Baja, we never saw an overnight low below 85 and all we ran at night was a 12vdc fan over the patio bed. Slept just fine. Back here in the high desert, every night has been at least 80 and we sleep with the overhead fan only.
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 03:48 PM
Just got back...

...from our son's wedding in Avila Beach (Port San Luis) on the central Cal coast - the temp was just perrrfect! 50's at night mid 70's day time. No fog on Sat (7/22) for a great evening wedding on the golf course there! Had a great time, and our Son and new bride are off to a week in St Lucia - hope they have a hurricane-free week out there on the Caribbean!

We got back to Stockton this morning and it's 100, plus again today...wonder what kind of an excuse we can come up with to get out the central coast again for some relief!

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 05:34 PM

Mexray just go:light:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 06:11 PM

From our location a few miles south of Bahia de Los Angeles all during July the sheet lightening rolled up the open gulf. On a number of occasions the clouds made the reversal into the south end of the bay. Several times these distant storms were joined on clouds and rain flowed up the valley where Las Flores is located and between the two sources of energy, lightning flashed in major bolts every few seconds and was immediately accompanied by booming thunder. Our house shook; a nearby friend lost part of his solar system due to lightning. Another had a bolt strike directly in front of his house. It was a war zone and we were less than comfortable.

The nights were typically in the mid-80?s; a few over 90 degrees; the days slightly hotter. The humidity was increased by the clouds and rain. It was smothering. It was HOT!

We?ve been going to Baja?s midriff along the Sea of Cortez most of our lives. There is little you can call normal temperature and as soon as there is a norm something will come long and change it.

I hope it?s not Global Warming but that thought hangs there in my head like a spider on a web thread
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 06:17 PM

Mike and Mary Ann... we were looking for you in El Rosario... it was very comfortable there! I hope you both are well!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 07:19 PM

It made it to 70 degrees in North Bend, Oregon, almost breaking the record of 73 degrees for the date. Whew, brutal....
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexray
...from our son's wedding in Avila Beach (Port San Luis) on the central Cal coast - the temp was just perrrfect! 50's at night mid 70's day time. No fog on Sat (7/22) for a great evening wedding on the golf course there! Had a great time, and our Son and new bride are off to a week in St Lucia - hope they have a hurricane-free week out there on the Caribbean!

We got back to Stockton this morning and it's 100, plus again today...wonder what kind of an excuse we can come up with to get out the central coast again for some relief!

That's my town (Avila Beach) you're talking about, it has been perfect here but absolutely cooking if you go a couple of miles inland. Saturday both Avila and Old Port beaches had more people than I have seen on them in the past 30 years.
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 7-27-2006 at 08:52 PM
KurtG...

...We rolled into the area last Thursday...stayed at the Sycamore Springs Resort - with a nice hot-springs tub to soak in, right on our own deck!

The wedding rehearsal out at the golf course was Friday night - and there was also an outdoor concert going on there at the Avila Golf facility - talk about grid-lock there in little old Avila Beach! After the rehearsal, we sprung for the wedding party's dinner over at the Ole Port Inn. Jay, the manager over there really fixed up up some great food - we had about 45 bodies attending, and they all raved about the food! We've eaten there many times, and all their stuff is great!

I agree, Sat & Sun had Avila Beach just crawling with 'tourists' from far and wide, enjoying the cooler weather, the beach, etc! We headed out of town up to Cambria, also crawling with cars, etc, and ended up at San Simeon, and a quick look at Hearst's Castle on Monday morning. We welcomed the fog Tuesday morning as we made our way up Hwy 1 to Carmel, etc.

I can sure see why all the hotel/motels in the SLO/Avila/Pismo area charge such hi rates during the summer months - the cool weather draws people like crazy! You're lucky indeed to live there on the coast!

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.