Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Trouble at Los Cerritos
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

sad.gif posted on 8-10-2006 at 08:47 AM
Trouble at Los Cerritos

Last week when we were at Los Cerritos we watched and angry confrontation which started when a group of men where putting in metal posts to block off a certain area.
They obviously were in an area that the other party believed was "theirs"!! Soon the Policia arrived. We observed a transfer of cash, and the second party removed the metal post.
There are fences everywhere!!!:no: This will be very interesting to watch:wow:

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 08:54 AM

We also noticed that ater the rain there were areas that are obviously fenced off( and, I assume, going to be the location of someone's new construction) that were covered in water. This water did not drain quickly. These pools were there for days. Also have to note that this would not have been considered a huge rainfall. Curious to see what it would look like after a hurricane:?::?:

maybe!
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 08:57 AM

This is the new entrance to Los Cerritos. Will they be closing these gates????:mad:

maybe!
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 09:33 AM

We drove through the area yesterday. The new land owners have certainly come in with a heavy hand. Ten foot chain link fences are everywhere with two gates, one that you picture and another similar one at the southern entrance. There is a large palapa being built right where the men are standing in the first photo. A sign on the site stating sombody's intentions included as one of the first points "public access."

It all looks terrible so far, as if they are establishing another Guantanamo prison between the old trailer park and the point. I just hope they do a nice job with the inevitable development. All the Canadians who camp for free in the former trailer park are in for a surprise this year. Although not fenced off yet, the view from that area has changed considerably.

[Edited on 8-10-2006 by El Jefe]

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 10:43 AM

Where is Los Cerritos located? I don't see it on my AAA map.

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 10:52 AM

Just south od Todos Santos, on the Pacific coast. It's a long-time surf spot that has also been a long time camping area in various forms. I like to camp in the hills just north and east of the old trailer park.
Heather
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 02:31 PM

We were surprised by the fences all around Los Cerritos this summer, too. My husband also has some property there and there has been some grading done around his property, too. We are waiting to put anything there as well, wait to see what happens! He's actually waiting to get the title for the land as he purchased it from his ex-father-in-law. He's got the notario in Todos Santos working on the papers now. Guess we'll just wait and see what develops! Heather.
jack
Nomad

Mood: Eat Heavy

[*] posted on 8-11-2006 at 08:04 PM

Its so disheartening to read this thread. I was camped at Cerritos two years ago and had a great time. I was planning to go back this year but it looks like there's no Cerritos left to go to. Another great camping spot gone on the Baja. :(
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2006 at 07:50 AM

Take heart. you can still camp there. There is lots of room in and around the old campground and further down the beach. But the changes are happening.

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
jack
Nomad

Mood: Eat Heavy

[*] posted on 8-12-2006 at 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by El Jefe
Take heart. you can still camp there. There is lots of room in and around the old campground and further down the beach. But the changes are happening.

Thats good to hear, maybe I'll see you down there this winter.:tumble:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.