BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Recent violence reports - FAKE?
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 10:53 AM
Baja Travels

Whether or not a particular incident is true, false or embellished is not that significant to discussing the problem given the fact that there are plenty of like events verified and published on a regular basis. Unless I "knew" for a fact that an event was untrue, I would assume that the person reporting it was truthful.

It has been dangerous for persons of relative wealth to travel in poverty stricken third-world countries for longer than I've been alive and it always will be. It has never stopped me from going and enjoying my life, although I have prudently revised my plans over the years as events dictated. I intend to continue travelling and residing in Baja for as long as I'm physically able. Hopefully, many years from now, I'll lapse into a coma while sitting on my patio and die shortly after being evacuated to the U.S., sparing my spouse the difficulty of dealing with the Mexican authorities to move the body. She can then bring the ashes back and spread them on the Sea of Cortez or flush them down the toilet and say she did.

Speaking of water bottles, I agree that I'd rather prudently travel on my own in Baja than deal with the Mental Midgets at the TSA. I have NO intentions to ever again fly anywhere that I can drive, take a train or a bus. It's incredible that, after all of these years (almost five) Homeland Security and the TSA are still over reacting every time a new "threat" is perceived and that the President and Congress are unwilling to pursue sensible "profiling" legislation to make flying efficient once again.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 12:07 PM
That vehicle looks like a definite target!

It could easily be mistaken for an armoured truck.

I need to buy a beater truck for my future trips to Baja......OSO had it right all along.

Hey, maybe there's a market for decals that look like body dents and bullet holes and cracked glass. :light:
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 09:51 PM

"Hey, maybe there's a market for decals that look like body dents and bullet holes and cracked glass."

Good idea. And also removable primer paint for that urban camouflage look.
aha baja
Nomad

Mood: wherever you go, there you are...

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 09:22 AM

Someone once said regarding weapons charges" it is better to be found guilty by a jury of 12 than to be carried by 6 pall barers"
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 09:47 AM
speaking of weapons............

here in the north i usually am within arms reach of a gun of some sort. a neighbor shot a bear trying to enter his house yesterday...
however, ive never considered it worth the legal risk to carry a gun in mexico.....always felt rather safe from situations that might require one...........i wonder if any nomads carry in mexico?
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 11:03 AM

About the moon, I heard it was fake, we needed to show the world we were ahead of them in this area. Check it out on the web. Moon walk true or flase. If it is true why haven't we been back? Why did we not put a space station there? The flag was blowing that should'nt of happen. These are not my ideas but what others say. Was it propaganda? I know this is not a Baja related story but this could mean that the story about the three Bears was made up too!:O

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 11:35 AM

The flag wasn't blowing. It had wires inserted inside the stripes to hold it up in unfurled position. As for why we haven't been back, I'm guessing because there's no oil on the moon.:lol:

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.