Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: tire damage
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 11:30 AM

I usually have great luck with BFG All Terrains. Maybe one flat be set of tires (55,000-60,000 miles)

However, here is my recent flat on 8/27/2006 at 110 degrees on the way out from my recent coastal trip. I must have hit a very pointy rock in the center of the tread. It was too big to put a plug in so we had to put the spare on. These were new tires with only slightly over 1,000 miles on them. I hate Baja flats as much nicely packed stuff needs to be unpacked to get access to the patch kit, the tools, the jack.....

Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 11:38 AM

And of course never take tires installed at the factory to Baja.

My General tires got a flat on my Tacoma's 2nd trip to Baja in late 1996. BFGs went on as soon as I got home.

And then there was my sister's Armada last year with 3 flats on factory tires. This was the worst.

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 01:16 PM

Tire problems? Flats? Call Les Schwab! They sell um, fix um, and do it all. Why beat your gums about tires. Talk to the Pro's.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Tire problems? Flats? Call Les Schwab! They sell um, fix um, and do it all. Why beat your gums about tires. Talk to the Pro's.

Les' closest dealer is in Santa Rosa, CA. Around these parts in So.Cal, there's America's Tire.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Taco de Baja
And of course never take tires installed at the factory to Baja.

My General tires got a flat on my Tacoma's 2nd trip to Baja in late 1996. BFGs went on as soon as I got home.

And then there was my sister's Armada last year with 3 flats on factory tires. This was the worst.

Taco,

That was probably your sister's last trip to Baja.:mad:

For Christmas, I'd like a set of BFG Krawler Mud KX's....okay??? :bounce:

Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2006 at 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Taco,

That was probably your sister's last trip to Baja.:mad:

For Christmas, I'd like a set of BFG Krawler Mud KX's....okay??? :bounce:

Actually, she was on my most recent trip :).

With some 285-65-R18 BGF AT Kos she got as soon as she returned last year...each one must have cost a very pretty peso :yes:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-31-2006 at 09:18 AM
Taco----

----I just bought two of those exact tires, same size, at Costco-----2 costs me $412 mounted and balanced. OUCH!!!
Axel
Junior Nomad

Mood: In a hurry to get nowhere

[*] posted on 8-31-2006 at 09:57 AM

Good prices at http://www.discounttiredirect.com free shipping and if you buy wheels and tire mount and balance is free. Just had 4 yokohama geolander atll's 315/75/16 (35") $640 to my door. Oh ya no tax either.

[Edited on 8-31-2006 by Axel]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.