BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What Famous Baja Dog (and Writer)...
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 10:01 PM
What Famous Baja Dog (and Writer)...

Is this?
For extra points, where in Baja did they live?
Sentient Beings will know both his pen name and his real name!
(Ignore the WiW in picture).:lol:

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 11:06 PM

NEAL...

I can't remember his name, but if I am correct...the location of his casa is a bit north of Percebu????

AMO :?:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 11:14 PM

He wrote the Jeep Bible and lived just north of Puertecitos... Granville King (The Desert Fox) and 'Superdawg'

Great photo Neal!!!

[Edited on 8-30-2006 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Neal Johns
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 10:31 AM

Amo, close but no taco. He was south of Arroyo Matomi and north of Puertecitos.

David K is the winner! Granville wrote a humorous column for a couple of 4wd magazines as well as the Jeep Bible. He was a retired aerospace engineer and loved to explore Baja. He was rather reclusive because of his hearing problem. He made the mistake of printing that he lived south of what he called "The Village", showed a picture of his trailer, and mentioned a bluff overlooking the Vermilion sea. Sounded like north of Puertecitos so we looked hard and found a road to his trailer full of "Keep Out" signs. We went to the beach under the bluff, walked up to his trailer and banged on the door until he felt the vibrations and let us in. Very friendly. He had been "adopted" by several Baja Writers/Authors and there lies another tale....

My motto:
Pappy Jon
Nomad

Mood: Temp rising.

[*] posted on 9-1-2006 at 12:42 PM

Do I get any points for knowing the truck is a 1975+ Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser?

[Edited on 9-1-2006 by Pappy Jon]
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2006 at 04:28 PM

Sure, Pappy,
Always good for my 1977 FJ-40 to get a little attention! It was my first 4x4. I got another '77 in 1990. They were tanks!

My motto:
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2006 at 05:25 PM

Hmmm? Was it the Windshield Wipers on the "Bottom" of the window that gave it away!!

I had a 74 fj.... bought it brand new....I must have burned the valve guides 4 or 5 times befor the dealer realized the mechanic was putting the gasket in upside down and blocked the oil holes. Sold that engine and dropped in a ported and blue printed 350, 4 bolt main with TRW pistons and rings, Holley double pumpers, Thorley headers, Turbo 400 with in line shift kit, 3:11 with lockers yadda yadda yadda. It was fun to ride in and Scary fassssttt!!

Just a big old kid!

Bedman
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2006 at 07:18 PM

My first '77 was stock and my second one had a 350 Chevy. I added power steering to that one, started getting soft.

My motto:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.