BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Severe flooding in Mulege....
CasaManzana
Nomad

Mood: Naykid

shocked.gif posted on 9-3-2006 at 03:06 PM
Severe flooding in Mulege....

Our night watchman here at Posada Beach, 15 miles south of Mulege, just came back from Mulege tonight. He said there were "mucho mucho casas" along the river area that had, some of them anyway, a meter of water over the top of the house. Can anyone confirm his report? He said the flood was at 9AM Sunday,:O from Big John of course.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 03:16 PM
Please confirm

Can someone get up that way today and report back. Thanks, Corky

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 05:15 PM

Casa could you or somebody take the ride to Mulege and see for yourself how bad it is. All the phone lines seem to be down there so no internet reports either. Many of us are waiting with bated breath for any info we can get. TKS.....

At a feast of egos, everyone leave\'s hungry...
CasaManzana
Nomad

Mood: Naykid

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 09:03 PM
The "Casa de Manzana" news crew will cover this story on Monday afternoon...news at 11:00

I heard the road into Mulege was ok as long as you watched out for the rock slides. Will take camera and hope to provide info tomorrow afternoon. Story gets worse when our beach manager (well I call him that anyway) says several houses were actually (his words here) "swept out to sea". News at 11:00
lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 09:38 PM
Please post updates!!

Thank you for any updates coming from Mulege. As of 9:00 pm tonight, not able to contact relatives or friends there, some live on the river or in town. From the reports here, I fear that some of them have lost homes or had major flooding.

So, thank you for any news and I will also post when I know more too.
TechsMex

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 12:05 AM

Jim,
You're confirming what I heard from friends on the river, I posted a bit in the main thread, but was trying to be cautious just in case it wasn't as bad as it sounded.
Will tune in tomorrow for your report.
Peter

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.