prickly pear fences
water near

a paradox
and a challenge
a silent companion

baja

Bernie Swaim
September 4, 2006

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 04:05 PM

Jeezo, Bernie ---- Have you ever thought about writing?
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Jeezo, Bernie ---- Have you ever thought about writing?

He has several books already.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 05:43 PM

I know ---- just kidding.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 06:19 PM
And That SELLS ?

Barnum WAS Right !
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 07:41 PM
No reason to be modest Billy Boy...

How many books have YOU sold?

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 07:45 PM
BEAUTIFULL!

Thanks for that Bernie....
Hugs,
M
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 07:54 PM
Needed that

Thanks Bernie!
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 06:54 AM
Thanks

Recently I have re-discovered that my path through life is not always covered by, warm and polished stones. Just like a walk to the beach in Baja my foot, in that most tender spot, is pricked by an occasional sharp and jagged rock that has no warmth. Usually I deal with this irritation by reaching down, picking up the jagged stone and casting it as far from my path as possible and then, smiling, I hobble on my way.

I have come to believe that these minor pricks are put in my way so that I come to appreciate, even more, those polished stones that make for such a warm and pleasant journey.

Thank to all of my Amigo?s for helping to make my trip through this life a most pleasant one?and thanks, also, to the occasional sharp objects that always make my appreciation of my real friends grow.

And, no! I am not attempting to teach anyone anything. Just expressing the thoughts of an old guy who has stepped on his share of sharp objects and who has had his trek through Baja smoothed by so many wonderful folks.

Thanks to all of you.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 08:26 AM

Well said, Bernie -----

I always get a warm feeling in my heart when I hear the words of a seasoned traveler who values the paths he has chosen in life. The paths with well-worn stones, polished through time by so many others who have blazed a common trail to a proper and noble end.
As you say, Bernie, the road is not without imperfections and at times, the road hazards have to be dealt with. In your case, as you so eloquently put it, there is the occasional prick in the road to be avoided. You do that so well.

Later .... Dennis
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 08:37 AM
Critique

Thanks VGA, I won my bet that the response would be framed that way.

No, I haven't outsold Bernie. I also haven't outsold Lenin, Marx, Trotsky, Hitler, etc, etc, etc. and I have also criticized their writings in the past. Remember your viewpoint the next time you criticize the President. After all, you haven't ever been President, have you ?

Since I didn't think much of it, I was simply offering a short counterpoint to the accolades. Nothing more.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 08:47 AM

Thanks Bernie!

Here's to 'small pricks' for reminding us how lucky we are that we are not them.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 12:59 PM

Hi there, MrBill ----

Your opinion is respected. Perhaps not the way you chose to relate it but, respected none the less. By the way, mine was the only reply that addressed Bernies poem at the time of your remark and it didn't even resemble an accolade. It wasn't. It was appreciative small talk. I dont know good poetry from bad. I was just impressed with the spirit of his effort in what could be considered a difficult time for some here. It was just a nice thought in the shape of a poem.
As far as those notorious authors you mentioned? Their writings are considered classic. It's their actions which were despicible.
Since I'm on the subject of your post, allow me to ask about local opinions of our president. I cant research past posts to get a feeling of individual opinion. It doesn't matter. What matters to me is that we are guests in a foreign country which is not favorable to the actions of the U.S. administration and our opinion of our president should be kept to ourselves. Why? Because my opinion, for example, would be considered nothing more than aid and comfort to those who actually dont like us.
He, GWB, may be the worlds biggest a-hole but, he is our president. You dont have to respect the man, I dont, but we should respect the office, especially here in Mexico.
I have a 100% service connected disability. I should be awarded an extra 50% for my big mouth but, that's just the way I am.

Anyway MrBill, It's nice to meet you.

Later .... Dennis
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-8-2006 at 06:45 AM
Thanks Mateo and Dennis

I would not call the nice comments accolades but they sure do feel good.

My thanks to all of you.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.