Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cabo Magic Dos Angels Update 11pm Wed
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 11:24 PM
Cabo Magic Dos Angels Update 11pm Wed

Wow - what a remarkable response from some remarkable caring people - we are proud to be part of what has been achieved in a short period of time.

As Senior Nomad Amigo Bernie Swaim often says "Baja is about people helping people" .. I hope I got that right Bernie ?

Thank you for understanding we were not expecting the overwhelming response .. again wow.

At this time we are established with avenues of distribution from Cabo San Lucas and Tijuana for supplies already purchased and/or to be purchased with donations in receipt. Everything will be given directly to the Padrino of each parish for direct distribution to his parish. The Padrino in CSL has agreed to directly administer with us to be sure everything is given to those who have no means to otherwise obtain these necessities.

We are all touched by the kind things written to us .. and about us ..

Tragedies always have and always will bring out the best in most people .. and inspire action.. The contribution of any and all amount indicate peoples hearts are touched and the response is saying things that perhaps our eloquent nomad amigo Mike Humfreville can put to words.

This has been an opportunity for everyone to give what one is able to with the greatest of intention ? words do not do justice to express what all this giving and caring has meant.

We are not asking for more donations at this time. Any already sent and/or subsequently received will be recognized with thanks and the funds will be allocated to purchase additional supplies or returned to sender.

For those of you who have posted our information elsewhere we ask that you please update your groups and boards. To you we personally give our thanks. Your actions have made a difference. Pam Bolles you are an incredbile human being blessed with many talents and endless energy.
Sharksbaja bravo amigo your efforts are noble indeed!

We pray we will not have another event requiring this type of action ? but you can be sure that if/when we were faced with one we will again snap to action.

We applaud those who do this for a living. Relief organizations require tremendous attention to details to be sure nothing goes astray. We have no plans to establish a legal entity to further DOS ANGELS Hurricane John Relief Effort. Our past endeavors and relief efforts have been solely funded by us personally.

Tommy & Lori Garcia and Linda Evans
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2006 at 01:25 AM
Bernie got that "spot on"!

This unfortunate event will work to stregthen the bond of those who cherish, respect, and value the culture within our role in Baja.

You should receive accolades for your off the hip response to the disaster Cabo.

As this sagas continues we will forge a better understanding of what this other place is and does.

I would say I have been humbled by this experience but not anything like the hero(es) of the day in Mulege.

A kind and keen gesture has been shown by those willing to sacrifice what they can for the betterment of our brethren.

Whatever you do give will help.

----

Bruce and his family, Marv and Kathy, Pam and Randy, Nena, Roberto and the guards, so many online, the courageous firemen and the citizens alike fought to help and save others.

Kudos to you all for the help given in The Orchard and Mulege.

I tip my hat to you.

With that said there is so much ahead that is not visible easily. Many have offered assisstance tho I would suggest it be prudent for non-residents tourists to consider the reason for visiting at this time or in the immediate future.

Again Cabo, good on you guys!

Corky

[Edited on 9-8-2006 by Sharksbaja]

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-8-2006 at 06:35 AM
Lori

Speaking of the fact that Baja is about "People helping People" would you please explain how to get money down to you to help those in real need.

Thanks for what you are doing for the folks who are really hurting.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 9-8-2006 at 08:06 AM

Once again much thanks to Tommy & Lori Garcia and Linda Evans and all the good peple at Cabo Magic and Sharks Baja... Corky

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2006 at 10:51 AM

Don't you believe that the Katrina Responders wish they could have had a small percentage of the reponse that was shown to the victims of Hurricane John. My hats off to Tomi and Lori at Cabo Magic, San Marcos Mike and the COMSA mine at San Marcos, Sharksbaja from his website, the Rotary Clubs of Mulege and Santa Rosalia and all the others who pitched in and did what they could do.
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 05:19 PM
Just Saw This....

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboMagic

We are not asking for more donations at this time. Any already sent and/or subsequently received will be recognized with thanks and the funds will be allocated to purchase additional supplies or returned to sender.

I just updated our link to reflect the changes. Glad we were able to help.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.