BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: MULEGE: Where do we send supplies?
candicenelms

[*] posted on 9-9-2006 at 11:12 AM
MULEGE: Where do we send supplies?

Hello,

I have many people willing to donate items, clothing, shoes, bedding, repellant, etc....but where do they send them? Is there a central place to send via mail, we are all on the East coast - for people to pick up who are driving down?

Also, where is a reputible site to send money for the relief cause?

Best,
Candice
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-9-2006 at 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by candicenelms
where is a reputible site to send money for the relief cause?
The only legal entity I'm aware of set to do this is:

http://www.icf-xchange.org/graphics/plug?p=campaign_display&...

Sharksbaja (user here), the Baja Bush Pilots, Cruz Roja Mexicana, Rotary of Santa Rosalia, and Rotary of Mulege are all involved with relief efforts/funds/etc as well.

The ICF may be working indirectly with Rotary, but I'm not certain.

Tommy & Lori of Cabo Magic took significant early action for relief, but are now not accepting further donations per her postings of the last 48 hours (or so).

Regards,
--
Doug Means

[Edited on 9-9-2006 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 9-9-2006 at 11:52 AM

the Fire department is handling all of that right now and doing a very good job.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2006 at 01:14 PM

These guys at COMSA, mine at San Marcos Island are bringing loads of stuff down.

Hi Baja Nomads~ My Name is Mike and I've lived here on Isla San Marcos for the past 15 years. However I'm mostly on Fishing Related Fourms. I do need to get this word out in here before it become just a memory of a bad storm which bestowed a wonderful town "Mulege" So here's the thread I've ran on www.bloodydeck.com and it's getting Great response! Here's some info for much needed help.

Posted on BloodyDecks: 9-4-06Hi Bders ~ I have just returned from a meeting here at Isla San Marcos with the Mining Company COMSA and what to do about all the needs of Mulege to the south. We here have already started a food and clothes drive as well sending assistance. Mulege has been devastated!!! Worst since 1959!! They need any contribution which can be had........ NOT MONEY! but supplies. People on the river and throughout the town have NO WATER or ELECTRICITY
also most have lost everything.

We here at COMSA have come to the aid many times for the better of the Baja Community and are often the first to act in times of need. PLEASE Help US Help Mulege's people.

COMSA has a trucking company and office in Calexico California. We need Clothes~ New/Old Foods~ Dry/Canned Medical Supplies~ Basic Shelter~ Tents/Tarps Electrical Devices~ Flashlights/Batteries/Lanterns

Here is the Addy and I/WE (COMSA) guarantee everything will go were it's needed. PLEASE DON'T SEND MONEY!!
Hurricane John "Mulege Relief"
C.O. COMSA
2421 Portico, Blvd. Suite B
Calexico, CA 92231

Two Mexico Locations: Both are affiliated with COMSA
Hermosillo, Son
Luise Iliana Aguilar
AV 12 No. 79 Entre 2 y 3 Colonia Prados De Buganvilias
CP 83140 Phone 01 662 215 6641 cell 01 662 124 2133
E-mail luisjonas3@prodigy.net.mx ~ peraltailiana@prodigy.net.mx

Guaymas, Son
Salvador Cortes Rodriguez
Calle Curvina y Agua Marina No 61 Colonia Phone: 622 222 5482

MOST IMPORTANT FOR THOSE DRIVING STUFF DOWN TO MULEGE
THE PICK UP POINT FOR ALL AID IS AT THE "HOTEL MULEGE"

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT

Hell is Empty....... And All the Devils Are Here.
W.S. The Tempest

Kidjurel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on 9-8-2006 at 03:03 PM

Updated info on question asked on other fourms: Info On The Calexico Addy: For Saturday Delivery of Mulege Aid:

The US Location: Hurricane John "Mulege Relief"
C.O. COMSA
2421 Portico, Blvd. Suite B
Calexico, CA. 92231

Will Be Open On Saturday 9th from 10:00 am till 3:00 pm

At this moment I just recived a call that tons of suppiles are in-route there now and more to follow. For starters one pallet of new shirts (4000+) plus much more need supplies. Thanks to all for the Help.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2006 at 06:26 PM

the fire Dept. says they Have more clothing than they know what to do with.

they need bedding, plastic tarps, disposable plats, cups and spoons. , tents and things to set up temp housing Propane stoves and camping type gear.

also it would be a good time to get rid of those old propane tanks that don't work in the US anymore.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

joycepigg

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 10:43 AM

We have a semi truck going to Mulege with donations,hopefully this weekend we also have a place to drop off items..we are located south of Ensenada on LaBufodora Rd....If you need info plz call 858-525-4034....Joyce
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 11:15 AM

thanks Joyce you make me proud to be soon an Ensenada Resident

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

csrowley

[*] posted on 9-14-2006 at 12:12 AM

We will be going to Mulege in late October, sooner if possible. Keep us posted as to what is needed. We will bring what we can and is needed.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.