Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: March '07 El Camino Real Mule trip
Baja Bucko
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 11:11 PM
March '07 El Camino Real Mule trip

I have used up my list of traveling companions over the past yrs' riding el camino real so I am looking for a "few good adventurers".

Actual mule trip will run approx. Mar26 to Apr2-3. Good health and adventurous "Baja" attitude important, mule riding experience not a pre-requisite. This yr's trip will start at Sta Marta and head north. I am organizing now because I have permit stuff to get done w INAH because we will be going into the San Franciscos so cave paintings will be in the schedule somewhere. Taking names.......:cool:
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 9-12-2006 at 07:08 AM

Baja Bucko is a great person and an old Baja hand. If you can ride a mule for several days, do it! Great country north of Santa Marta.

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2006 at 09:27 AM

BB please check your U2U - ;D

pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2006 at 06:45 PM

boy that would be fun! a week later and i could go. i am involved with mule pack trips in the los padres forest, and have always wanted to do a ride in baja.perhaps in the future a pack tripa long the pacific coast?
Baja Bucko
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2006 at 09:08 PM

El camino real is my addiction-alternate routes and otherwise. Gotta ride where the feed and water is.......

My other 4WD is a Baja Mule!

La Mula Mil Survivor 2013-2014!
1000 miles by mule from the tip to Tecate!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2006 at 07:07 AM

Bucko how far north will you go on the mules.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-13-2006 at 07:30 AM
Santa Marta to Santa Gertrudis

In one of the maps drawn by Howard Gulick in 1954 (never published) showing the route of El Camino Real in Central Baja, you can see the area of Bucko's next ride. Gulick's maps are found in my web site called 'Finding El Camino Real' which helps you plot the mission trail with the Baja Almanac: http://vivabaja.com/ECR

Of interest, Harry Crosby was greatly assisted by Howard's maps when Harry was researching the trail used by Junipero Serra for his 'Kings Highway in Baja California' c1974.

At the web site you can click on the small map to enlarge it for full detail...

[Edited on 9-13-2006 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Baja Bucko
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2006 at 05:03 PM
TW

TW-it is too early to say...last yr I rode from Santa Gertrudis to San Casimero and then looped over and back to SG. Because of the "permit" thing riding nr the San Franciscos there are alot of ifs at this point. Also the heavy rains I'm sure made Baaad trails even badder. One way or another I will ride ecr but it is too early to plan too much more. I will know more by the end of the year.

My other 4WD is a Baja Mule!

La Mula Mil Survivor 2013-2014!
1000 miles by mule from the tip to Tecate!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.