BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: conditions in Loreto?
laurfar

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 01:51 PM
conditions in Loreto?

I'm hoping someone can tell me what how the recent storm affected Loreto. Was it hit hard? I see nothing on this board except info on Mulege. Any news on Loreto or was it not affected by the huricane this last week? Thanks
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 02:38 PM

Loreto is in good shape. Very little wind damage. The phone lines and city water pumps have been repaired. Roads north and south are open with just a few areas under repair. The city response to the storm was excellent.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 05:31 PM

Couple of the locals have reported that the bugs are pretty bad. Can you confirm, Dan?
EngineerMike
Nomad

Mood: piso mojado

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 06:11 PM

According to the principal of one of the high schools, the mosquitoes are bad indeed, but as to loss from wind & water- not much to report. He had no losses @ the school to report to the government when they asked.

Director, Mulege Student Scholarship Program
Oasis Rio Baja #M-3, & Auburn, CA
Bajalero
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Couple of the locals have reported that the bugs are pretty bad. Can you confirm, Dan?

Hook: my brother just got back from a weeks trip to Loreto to check on property damage. He said the bugs were so bad that he and the rest of his family were glad they had to go home.

lero
laurfar

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 09:29 AM

Thanks for all the info. I appreciate all the comments on loreto
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 09:58 AM

That seems to be the only area the city fell down a bit. I havent seen any spraying of the standing water. Maybe it will take a dengue outbreak to get them in gear.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 01:15 PM

Dan:
I have not seen a Post regarding any Damage to Loreto Bay Villages;

Could you give us an Idea of How they were Affected?

Skeet/Loreto
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 01:21 PM

According to my neighbor, who works for them, they lost a few windows and had some leaky roofs, but that was about it. I'm in Sacramento and my house did fine till 2 days after the storm when some lowlife broke in through my backdoor. I know about some money missing, but nothing about effects. Not much fun being 1300 miles away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.