Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bob "Crazy Jake" Jacobs=Coyote & Burro
dean miller
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 05:55 AM
Bob "Crazy Jake" Jacobs=Coyote & Burro

I am aware that Bob Jacobs is no longer with us. He was unique one of a kind--One whom volumes could be written about as a very unforgetable person.

He is gone and certainly not forgotten. His rust colored home with the million dollar view over looking Coyote and Burro which he labored so hard and long will stand as a land mark for ever. A silent tribute to one who lived by his own rules

In order to visit him it was necessary to drive up a long drive way which left a lot to be desired..

Since the recent hurricane caused so much damage in the area the question arises;
what is the condidtion of the drive up to his former home?--and of course the condition of his former home?

Inquiring minds want to know.....

DM
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 03:18 PM

Dean, in the short time you've been here, you sure have impressed me with the amount of knowledge you have on Baja. Who said a newbie has nothing to contribute? Edit: Well, it looks like you've achieved Junior status!

Are you, by chance, related to Tom or Shirley Miller?

Glad you're here.........

[Edited on 9-21-2006 by Hook]
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 05:34 PM

Jake's place was a regular stop for motorcyclists, especially the BMW crowd where he had so many friends from the years when he spent the summers going around to BMW rallies. I've also been curious about the fate of his place and will check it out when I'm down there in a couple of weeks.
dean miller
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 09:27 PM

Kurt,

When you return please call me in Pismo and advise. It appears that members of this esteemed board has little or no knowledge of Jake who lived in the Mulege area for 35 years.

BMWs was his life.

Pity he is gone and unknown or forgotten by so many !

DM
dean miller
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2006 at 07:23 AM

Hook,

Thanks for the complement about my knowledge of Baja. My "knowledge" was aquired by many visits beginning in December 1951.

My sister is a Shirley Miller--but not The Shirley Miller. My sister is retired and now resides in the midwest. She has traveled the world but has never stepped foot in Baja, her loss!

I am still awaiting a response to my question about Jake Jacobs from all the oldies who complained that the newbies were not asking in depth questions---Perhaps the question in valid?

I am certainly at a loss as to why no responses...

DM
aquaholic
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2006 at 07:42 AM

Presumably, the details of Jake's lease were worked out with Manual Diaz, the property owner, for a good friend of Jake's, Steve L., to take over the lease. Steve was the operator of Reno BMW at one time. Will still be a stopping place for the riders who pass through. Can't help with the condition after the storm, but the asphalt is long gone...
dean miller
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2006 at 08:31 AM
JAKE - "Crazy Jake" Jacobs

Aquaholic ( that name has a nice ring to it!)

Thank you for the response-- It is even more appreciated since it came from a newbie who are noted for "not posting anything of value"

Jake was my cousin. "Crazy Jake" is a term of endearment from our family--as you know Jake marched (rode a BMW) to a different drummer..

I have heard of Jake mention his friendship with Steve on a number of occasions. I am certain that Jake would be happy that Steve is there and it is still a BMW destination. Hopefully Betty and I can meet Steve, and maybe you, when we next visit Baja

It is time to close this post on a Jakeism--

My wife Betty, Jake and I were setting on Jake's patio admiring the million dollar view enjoying the warmth of the Baja sun and of course sipping the oblitory cool one.

Jake said he had rode the four corners run again..."7000 miles in XXX hours" I was impressed and certainly recognized that he had been on a record run.. Betty, who is very versed in mathmetics and can add, subtract and divide faster than any known computer almost immediately replied "Jake that is 107 miles per hour for 7000 miles." Without missing a heart beat or taking a swallow from the bottle that had been at his mouth Jake replied "Yep Bmers are made to be ridden, not like the Harvey Davis bikes that set on th side of the road and are worked on."

so it was with Jake... one of a kind!

Thank you again for your post.
This thread is closed.....
dm

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.