Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Loreto Info.
baja Steve
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 11:21 AM
Loreto Info.

Anyone know what beach front Hotels are in Loreto along contact info.
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 12:57 PM

La Pinta, Oasis, Sukasa and several small hotels. You can get tele. number at the Loreto.com site. Why beachfront. Everything is within walking distance in Loreto. Iguana Inn is excellant and run by a couple from Huntington Beach. Roomy and reasonable. Write Mike or Julie or visit Iguana Inn on Google. The only beach is in front of the La Pinta, Oasis or by the marina.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 01:09 PM

To add to Sharky's post:

Time of year is important. In the winter, Loreto gets cooler weather and frequent strong north winds. The beach areas can be unpleasant then while sheltered areas a ways inland are nice.
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 02:08 PM
Hotel Quinta San Francisco is right on the malecon

$40.00 a night and right across from the marina. Nice lady Gail Wright is the owner. She'll make coffee for you in the morning. Great place. Very clean. k:yes:;):tumble:

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
baja Steve
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 03:31 PM

thanks for the help
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 9-23-2006 at 08:44 AM

I can support Keri's mention of Gail Wrights hotel. If you have a car & don't mind driving a few miles out to Nopolo, there are two resorts out there, with beach's & also swimming pools. One called Whales Inn. The other, a recent development called Inn of Loreto Bay. (innofloretobay.com) Or if you want to rent a condo say for a week, you can contact Jesus at Marina Punta Nopolo across the street from Inn of Loreto Bay. One unit is referred to as the Harro unit. One bedroom sleeps two. Fully furnished. There are bed & breakfasts in Loreto also available. You've chosen a great place to visit. Have fun & report back to us what you did and what impressed you the most.
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2006 at 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil S
I can support Keri's mention of Gail Wrights hotel. If you have a car & don't mind driving a few miles out to Nopolo, there are two resorts out there, with beach's & also swimming pools. One called Whales Inn. The other, a recent development called Inn of Loreto Bay. (innofloretobay.com) Or if you want to rent a condo say for a week, you can contact Jesus at Marina Punta Nopolo across the street from Inn of Loreto Bay. One unit is referred to as the Harro unit. One bedroom sleeps two. Fully furnished. There are bed & breakfasts in Loreto also available. You've chosen a great place to visit. Have fun & report back to us what you did and what impressed you the most.

The beach in front of the Inn at Loreto Bay is small, but one of the nicest in the area. And it is adjacent to a rocky headland; you can walk along the shoreline there at low tide, and look over a sharp dropoff. It's a good place to snorkel or kayak, and they rent kayaks right on the beach. The downside is you can't walk to town, and there is a lotof constuction between it and the Whale's Inn, but only one other hotel has a comparable beach in the area, and that is the Danzante Resort farther south, also a great place for kayaking, although the developers have moved in there and I hear Danzante is selling out.
Worldtraveller
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2006 at 05:20 PM

I was told that Whales Inn has recently shut down. Is that accurate?

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil S
I can support Keri's mention of Gail Wrights hotel. If you have a car & don't mind driving a few miles out to Nopolo, there are two resorts out there, with beach's & also swimming pools. One called Whales Inn. The other, a recent development called Inn of Loreto Bay. (innofloretobay.com)
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2006 at 03:28 AM

For anyone staying in Loreto, it will be your Pleasure to meet Gail Wright!!

I must relate to all of you that this is the "Lady of Loreto"!

I first observed Gail as a Slender Little Blond Girl in the Airport at Mexicali,in the Company of a Bunch of Tough looking Fisherman. She was Handling them with Class and Manners!!

She grew up into a Beautifull women, Hard working, Fair, and the Mother of 2 Beautifull Daughters, one who was Miss Baja California.
And it was not Easy!!!

God Bless you Gail!!!
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2006 at 02:27 PM

The Inn at Loreto Bay is not a new development. It's the old Camino Real. Then LB bought it and changed the name - a good authentic, Mexican name. ha!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phil S
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2006 at 11:03 PM

It works well for L.B. Since they were bringing in "prospective buyers" made sense they owned the Resort, even though the "prospects" were paying for it. I was told that L.B. has a 10% interet in it, and Citibank has a 90% interest. Anyone know for sure?
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2006 at 11:20 PM

the guy who bought the whales inn said he was the major owner and his minor partner hadbeen with him for some 20 yrs its only hearsay but i did hear it from the big guy

jerry and judi
Phil S
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2006 at 07:51 AM

Jerry. I was referencing the ownership of Inn at Loreto Bay not the Whales Inn. Did he happen to mention what was to happen with the "staff" after they closed & tore down the building? There were some great folks working there from the office to the kitchen to the bar. Now they scatter. But to where? Everyone down there needs work to survive if your not in the buildings trade. Will be more problems added to the already one thousand new workers in the area when they bring in their crews to start construction of the condos. More tar paper shacks & carboard houses. Will begin to look like Cabo's "workers" communities pretty quick if not actually as I'm writing this.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.