Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dog friendly in G. Negro
Julie
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2006 at 10:31 AM
Dog friendly in G. Negro

It's been several years since we have stopped on our way home and we are traveling with Zoe the wonder dog. Any suggestions on where to stay with her in G. Negro would be appreciated. Also anyone headed down this weekend?

Julie
Iguana Inn
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2006 at 10:48 AM

Julie, since Malarimo no longer allows dogs we've stayed at the pink place a little farther down the road with Fillmore. The hotel is pretty "basic," though. I hope the new place that just opened will take dogs.

Have a good trip down; one more little chore and I'll be ready to head south too.
Julie
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2006 at 01:44 PM

Thanks Don, I think I have stayed there with Zoe before. See you in a few weeks. Let us know if you want your place checked out.
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 9-27-2006 at 08:26 PM

La Pinta USED to allow pets.... pero..no mas. Que lastima! Last fall we stayed at the La Pinta in San Quintin and the website said pets were welcome....just checked for this post and we're sad to report that La Pinta no longer accepts pets...May they die a slow and painful death.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-27-2006 at 08:27 PM

we have had our dog at the Old Mill before....no problems
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2006 at 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
May they die a slow and painful death.

They already are.
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 9-27-2006 at 08:31 PM

Old Mill is in San Quintin!! We've stayed there with all 3 of our mutts. Love the place. and they loved chasing the owners cats. OK, Julie, you may have to go further north of GN....SQ in great with a great beach to run dogs! Sorry but with La Pinta taking dogs anymore (this was less than a year ago when pets were welcome!) you have to pick and choose.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-28-2006 at 06:01 PM

hmm...a place that allows dogs.not easy...there is a new hotel here and they say they do not i recall them telling me that the guests took their pets in anyway and that it was a problem because they slept in the beds and made them almost imposible to wash...but you can visit their website and check things out maybe contact them and see if theyc an bend the rules...tell them your friends of mine...or give me a call when you are in guerrero negro!!! the website is www.hotelloscaracoles.com.mx so check it out it is very nice and i may be working there soon!!!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 9-28-2006 at 10:03 PM

Traveled to Loreto in May with our dog, stayed at Malarimo, and convinced the man that he would sleep on the floor and not on the bed. He said he would check for dog hair on the bed in the morning and charge extra if he found any. Our dog always sleeps on the floor anyway, so no problems. (PS: he didn't even check) Also stayed at the La Pinta in San Ignacio and dogs in the room was no problem.
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2006 at 07:56 AM

Don Gus motel in GN used to be dog friendly. We have stayed there for years going and coming, and recommended it for those travelling with dogs. BUT, last year they had a big notice in the office that dogs were NOT allowed. Rather than sneeking our small dog in, we went elsewhere. Too bad, as it is a nice place with an excellent restaurant. Now we stay in another motel and go to another restaurant. The new motel in GN is "supposed" to allow dogs in new tiled rooms. We will try it and choose accordingly. Just got back from Bishop/Bridgeport area and most motels allow dogs. Few require a deposit or small fee ($10). Since it was 26 degrees in the morning we could not leave the dog in the car. This dog friendliness by motels will certainly have us returning to this area several times a year.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-30-2006 at 06:50 PM

mhm...well i'm not sure if they allow dogs but you can ask and well i hope you get luckey!!!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-30-2006 at 07:49 PM

we just stayed 6 hours last night at the first hotel...Don Franscisco

$25 a nite clean and SAFE.

Lots of Businessmen use this place...

NOT fancy...clean and cheap and safe

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
BCSTech
Senior Nomad

Mood: Carpe Manana

[*] posted on 10-1-2006 at 01:18 PM

We noticed last week that the Malarimo has taken down the "No Dogs" signs they had at the front desk and in the rooms. We didn't ask about it but would have stayed there anyway. The restaurant there is great (especially the Scallops with Crispy Mulege Garlic!)

Maybe enough people complained or said they were going elsewhere so they backed off? Maybe best to call ahead and ask. If they say "No" tell them you'll look elsewhere and advise your friends to do the same...
Julie
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2006 at 02:31 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone. Mike and I stayed with Zoe at the Don Vicente. There was only one other guest so we had a very quiet night. Security was good and no problem with the dog.
All for 250 pesos!
chino
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 02:08 PM

I find a thrill in sneaking my 100lb lab into motels, I start by taking his collar off so they dont hear his tags and nite is best as he is negro, it also happens that he is cleaner and better behaved than a good number of folks!
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 02:57 PM

Posada de Don Vicente is an excellent cheap, clean, safe hotel to stay in and is close to one of the best restaurants in town, Las Cazuelas...the chef/owner was who made Malarrimo famous way back when. Eddie is awesome and a pleasure to meet him and his family.
The Don Vicente hotel used to have a real noisy table dance joint there but it's closed down now.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 12:43 PM
Just wrote and heard baack from Malarrimo...

Quote:
Originally posted by BCSTech
We noticed last week that the Malarimo has taken down the "No Dogs" signs they had at the front desk and in the rooms. We didn't ask about it but would have stayed there anyway. The restaurant there is great (especially the Scallops with Crispy Mulege Garlic!)

Maybe enough people complained or said they were going elsewhere so they backed off? Maybe best to call ahead and ask. If they say "No" tell them you'll look elsewhere and advise your friends to do the same...

I pleaded my case but the response was still no (dogs).

Maybe they don't want to make it public.... and might be willing to accept extra pesos?

Would sneaking my Lab in after dark be a crime? (She has her own bed and sleeps on the floor.) Don't want to pee anyone off there.

Regards,

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
BCSTech
Senior Nomad

Mood: Carpe Manana

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
Would sneaking my Lab in after dark be a crime? (She has her own bed and sleeps on the floor.) Don't want to pee anyone off there.

That's exactly what we did with our Sasha...

We just happened to notice there were no signs afterward.

There's a good place to walk your dog way in back where the ovewrflow RVs park. Go thru the gate in the middle of the back wall behind the rooms and turn left, then turn right. Unless the Vagabundos are there, it's probably deserted.

BTW, they have WiFi access there now. SSID: Malarimo. Ask for the password at the front desk. Couldn't pick it up in the rooms but it works in the outdoor patio...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.