Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: FM3 speed record?
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2006 at 06:28 PM
FM3 speed record?

after ten years in/out of Mexico, I decided to get an FM3 when I became an official rentista last October. so in January I appeared at the Loreto migracion office with all my documents in hand. (someone had given me a list of what was required, but I understand you can go in and ask for one)
three hours later I had my little olive drab document in hand. it would have been only 2 hrs, but the local photographer had an infestation of bees, was delayed in my photo, etc etc etc... this included a nice long stroll to the bank, and NO line there, amazing!
I thought this was pretty fast but have since heard I only tied the local record. just curious...has anyone anywhere else beat this?
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 10-2-2006 at 06:49 PM

all I know is that I've heard from MANY, MANY people that Loreto is the best at handling those visas! We got ours in San Diego, 24 hour turnaround; but then had to go to Ensenada to have our "address" put in the FM3; 5 weeks and some mordida later, we got them back. We needed to have them back as we are getting ready to move our household goods. That will surely be another story for this board. We have friends that have been waiting on renewels out of Ensenada for 6 months...by the time they get it it will be time to renew again! Ours was a first time FM3.
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 10-2-2006 at 10:14 PM

Think I have you beat, also in Loreto. Had our accountant handle all the paperwork, we provided nothing (except some cash for "fees"). got pictures taken, gave them to the accountant, showed up at the migracion office and walked out 15 minutes later with two FM3s, one for me and one for my wife. :spingrin::spingrin::spingrin:
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2006 at 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ncampion
Think I have you beat, also in Loreto. Had our accountant handle all the paperwork, we provided nothing (except some cash for "fees"). got pictures taken, gave them to the accountant, showed up at the migracion office and walked out 15 minutes later with two FM3s, one for me and one for my wife. :spingrin::spingrin::spingrin:

well, that is impressive. but...kinda cheating. apples and oranges. how about speed record unassisted? and assisted? I think we are still in the lead in our respective catagories. and now I understand that you...individual...can pay the fee at migracion in Loreto instead of the bank...so my record could be shattered soon.
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 10-3-2006 at 07:33 AM
Honorio...

Honorio at the Loreto office - is a good man. Always plesant and easy to deal with. The other gents in that office are nice also, but I believe they rely on Honorio alot - maybe partly because his English and PR skills are so good.

djh

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 10-3-2006 at 08:10 AM

Since Honorio came to the Loreto office, life became much more easy.
Years ago, it was "nightmare alley". Today it is a pleasant experience, and much appreciated. Can certainly say that the improvements in the Loreto office could certainly be copied & used in the other offices in Baja Norte & Sur that I've had experiences with in the past. Maybe there is a 'directive' making the process more user friendly.
Darn. I thought I was getting "special treatment" from Honorio. Glad to see it wasn't just me.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2006 at 09:16 AM

Honorio is fantastic, as is the whole Loreto migracion office. my point in starting the thread was to say, you can do it. quickly, easily and efficiently, at least in Loreto. you can do it yourself, or you can pay someone to do it if you want as ncampion did...either way, great treatment.
lets hope things improve elsewhere.
incidentally, on the tourist card front, a new one for La Paz. in the past, my pre FM3 tourist card days, I just drove on down to La Paz and paid for my card there. picked up the original in Phoenix at the Embassy. paid in Mexico. a friend reports that just last month she was charged a fine...total $50...for doing the same. migracion at GNegro was closed when she went through. they told her, touch, shoulda done it up north.
and, as a newbie FM3 holder, I assume that money that everyone pays the airlines for a tourist card when they fly in becomes just an additional tax for the FM3 holder?
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 10-3-2006 at 04:52 PM

24 hour turnaround at Consulate in San Diego. You will need a passport, 6 current bank statements, and a lady takes your pictures and does all your copying for $10 downstairs. I was amazed it was so simple. Forgot to ask if I can renew there or get a new one there next summer when it expires though. (Just happy to have it and ran out of the place) ANYONE KNOW? Doing it in San Felipe where I have a home is just way too much work, 6 week turnaround, trip to bank in Mex, translated application and request for FM-3, bank letter from home (6 week wait from BofA), Notary, Apostile, Hassle! Cost in San Diego was $137 for single person. Very simple.

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2006 at 06:08 PM

might have to do with the influx of loreto bay people??

jerry and judi
Marinero
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 09:23 AM

I checked with Alaska Airlines about fare concessions to FM3 holders. They do not grant them to anyone including, apparently, Mexican citizens. I was told they pay the Mexican Government a landing fee for each person they fly into the Country and this is the basis for the additional charge. Oh well.....:O:O:O
Quote:
Originally posted by rhintransit
Honorio is fantastic, as is the whole Loreto migracion office. my point in starting the thread was to say, you can do it. quickly, easily and efficiently, at least in Loreto. you can do it yourself, or you can pay someone to do it if you want as ncampion did...either way, great treatment.
lets hope things improve elsewhere.
incidentally, on the tourist card front, a new one for La Paz. in the past, my pre FM3 tourist card days, I just drove on down to La Paz and paid for my card there. picked up the original in Phoenix at the Embassy. paid in Mexico. a friend reports that just last month she was charged a fine...total $50...for doing the same. migracion at GNegro was closed when she went through. they told her, touch, shoulda done it up north.
and, as a newbie FM3 holder, I assume that money that everyone pays the airlines for a tourist card when they fly in becomes just an additional tax for the FM3 holder?

Si estás buscando la person que cambiará su vida, échale una mirada en el espejo.

Fish logo from www.usafishing.com, used w/permission.

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have.....
QuePasaBaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 05:32 PM

I have a post comming on my blog on the 6th at about noon. It is about this exact thing.

If you are in the Tijuana area, and need some help with immigration issues, then this article is for you.

e-mail me at info@quepasabaja.com or check out the article when it posts on the same site.

Have a Baja Day

QuePasaBaja
Worldtraveller
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 08:12 PM

Does any airline grant this type of fare concession?

Quote:
Originally posted by Marinero
I checked with Alaska Airlines about fare concessions to FM3 holders. They do not grant them to anyone including, apparently, Mexican citizens. I was told they pay the Mexican Government a landing fee for each person they fly into the Country and this is the basis for the additional charge. Oh well.....:O:O:O

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.