Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mulege's recovery
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 12:23 AM
Mulege's recovery

Friends,
I will be down in Mulege for a few weeks in early January with three amigos and will be mostly dirtbiking between San Ignacio and Loreto, with Mulege as our primary base.

I am familiar with the area but haven't been there for about 18 months.

This forum has been my main source of info, especially regarding TS John and its impact....I have followed the forum daily for past few months. I understand the sentiments expressed and feel for those who have suffered losses, especially the locals with fewer resources at their disposal.

My favourite place to stay is still the Hacienda, but I am becoming more aware of many other motels in the area with recent forum help (I have stayed in several downtown locations before....just have a thing for the Hacienda).

A few days ago someone indicated that there are no/few places to rent above the flood damage.....how has this rental issue affected motel accomodations in Mulege??

Bruce, Thanks for the update on what stuff might still be helpful for locals....I will ask again before we leave in December.

Ged
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 03:55 AM

the terrazez may have faired better .
i like it better than the hacienda for the views on their 2nd fl terrace

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 08:23 AM

I was at Javier's Las Casitas last night and it looked nice....no damage that showed....

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 08:24 AM

Captain,
Thanks....it also has a better view of the laundromat, the hardware store, and Los Equipales.....I stayed there once before and liked it....we will have 2 pickups and the bikes....not sure if their parking would "absorb" that as well as the Hacienda's lot.

Was there damage to the Hacienda and that "elevation" of the town? Some of the pics looked like the water did not rise that high.....

Ged
EngineerMike
Nomad

Mood: piso mojado

[*] posted on 10-13-2006 at 08:31 PM

Terraza has 3 parking spaces, then it's on the street & catch as catch can. But definitely above the flood. Some of the flood families at least have moved to other digs, so there should be rooms.
Also- Cuesta Real on the other side of the river is cleaned up and rooms open for biz.

Director, Mulege Student Scholarship Program
Oasis Rio Baja #M-3, & Auburn, CA
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-14-2006 at 10:07 AM
How about

Hotel Mulege? Their enclosed parking would seem to be pretty safe. How did they fare in the flood?
TecateRay
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2006 at 02:58 PM
Parking at Terraza

When we stay at Terraza we have been able to overflow park across the street at the hardware store. Not sure how they are related, but the hotel and the store were fine with it.:spingrin:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.