Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: Young vs Old
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 05:34 PM
This May Be a Reiteration...

but I am too, ahem, *cough* mature to read through six (6!) pages of dialogue about young vs. old.

Your are young once, you are old (it seems) forever.

Just remember the adage, "Age and cunning will always defeat youthful enthusiasm." ...Dick Cheney.

Kidding!!!

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 05:55 AM

There is something that the "Young" keep forgetting!

The Ole Geezers still have control of the Most Money!
Someday they will wake up and realize that "Fact". Until they do just that they will always "Suck Hind Teat".

Skeet
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
There is something that the "Young" keep forgetting!

The Ole Geezers still have control of the Most Money!
Someday they will wake up and realize that "Fact". Until they do just that they will always "Suck Hind Teat".

Skeet

they will always Suck Hind Teat because that is the way it is supposed to be.

the young are smart and well educated and good at Nintendo but the one thing they lack is experience. this is why the Ole Geezers Will continue to run things and control most of the money.:lol::spingrin::yes::tumble:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2006 at 09:09 PM
Horrible News in Baja!! Happened to Three older women.

Three older women, Myrtle, Carol, and Nellie, were sitting on a park bench having a quiet conversation when a flasher approached from across the park. The flasher came up to the ladies, stood right in front of them and opened his trench coat. Myrtle immediately had a stroke. Then Carol also had a stroke. But Nellie, being older and more feeble, couldn't reach that far.

Bless her heart.

Summanus....ancient Roman Nightly Thunder God. He liked refrieds too.
DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2006 at 09:17 PM

Now that is an old joke.

David
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
sayonara

[*] posted on 11-4-2006 at 10:33 AM

Baja Bernie:
I'm in my 30's, so I still consider myself to be part of the younger crowd, and I have to admit that I have seen a lot of age-based division in the Baja boards lately. But the Sh*t has been started by the older folks, trying to impose their ways on the youngsters.

I don't know why this is happening, but I really resent it.
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2006 at 10:41 AM

sayonara - not all of the older ones are grumpy, that are only very few - believe me. And sometimes they feel just overrun by the new crowd ( which also isn't always young by age, rather by the NOMAd status). And it was a little bit though after JOHN - blank nerves and lots of distress that broke all loose.
So lets just drop it now!;D
WELCOME TO THE BOARD !!!:biggrin:

kellychapman
Nomad

Mood: heavenly

[*] posted on 11-4-2006 at 07:15 PM

I find myself in a state of mass confusion....young vs old???? there is no such thing because we are old for so much longer then we are young.....why on earth would I want to stay young....even though at 51 I think like I am young...but with perks......being young is very challenging and without the benefits of truly enjoying life due to the pressures of establishing a life style.....the only thing that makes us old is the way we think and the lack of being spontaneous....which is silly because now is the best time to do what ever we want.....and anyone who would want to put up with an 18 yr old is out of their mind.....labor intensive.....and they want what we are already done with...just get a good table dance or something for kicks and be glad we don't have to start over all the things we have already done. I love being in my 50's and work damn hard to look great for my age.....not to LOOK younger..but to look really GOOD at this age....then we die.....:spingrin:
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 11-4-2006 at 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kellychapman
I find myself in a state of mass confusion....young vs old???? there is no such thing because we are old for so much longer then we are young.....why on earth would I want to stay young....even though at 51 I think like I am young...but with perks......being young is very challenging and without the benefits of truly enjoying life due to the pressures of establishing a life style.....the only thing that makes us old is the way we think and the lack of being spontaneous....which is silly because now is the best time to do what ever we want.....and anyone who would want to put up with an 18 yr old is out of their mind.....labor intensive.....and they want what we are already done with...just get a good table dance or something for kicks and be glad we don't have to start over all the things we have already done. I love being in my 50's and work damn hard to look great for my age.....not to LOOK younger..but to look really GOOD at this age....then we die.....:spingrin:
Will you table dance for me?:o:o:wow:
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 11-4-2006 at 08:18 PM
sayonara

This is a quote of my last comment on the opening post that started this thread---

"Here is an idea! Why don't we all just agree that we may want different things in Baja and then just get along with each other and forget our differences and laugh together when we can find common ground.

Just a thought.

Would you please tell me how that is in any way negative or even really attempting to tell anyone anything.

Here is a quote from you " But the Sh*t has been started by the older folks, trying to impose their ways on the youngsters.

I don't know why this is happening, but I really resent it."

What is it that you resent about what I said?

And welcome to Nomad's

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2006 at 08:20 PM

Some good advice I recieved while in my 20's:

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Very good advice it is, but of course I don't follow it in my personal life... not all the time, anyway:biggrin:

kellychapman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 07:44 PM

the problem with telling anybody anything is they never listen.....all we can offer is advice or opinions and pray that we give them something to think about.....we all do whatever we want regardless of what we are told to do.....bummer eh? I wish I had listened a few times in my life....but noooooooo and regret that I didn't......the most famous hated phase...."I told you so".....:no: I also thought it was the older that resented the younger....I feel so much better knowing that goes both ways now....but truly a waste of life for anyone.....
kellychapman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 07:48 PM

And as far as that table dance.......I do not think so because my husband would kill me......like I said "and then you die" lol..... :saint:
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 08:55 PM

Help!!??!!

Somewhere today I read on the internet:

"Write your hurts in the sand,and carve your sucesses in stone"

I thought it was on this thread, and I thought Skeet posted it. I reviewed the thread and can't find it. I don't have the wording right, and it was such wonderful advice! Anyone know where I saw it? Or was it just a very wise dream?

Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 09:16 PM

Paula, maybe it was this one:

http://www.accomplishlife.com/blogs/7/Sand-and-Stone.html

Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 10:11 PM

Summanus, that site shows the words I was looking for. I don't think that is where I saw them, but it works. Thank you.

Paula

Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 10:36 PM
Young v.s. Old.....?

There can be no problem labeled Young v.s. Old...because the problem is not that we are old, but that we are 'young'.

Living well is the best revenge. Who lives well, long lives.

Our lives should not be numbered by years, days and hours. Ride boldly, ride...like those horsemen of Pancho Villa's.

But then, I am not young enough to know everything.

- Bold Riders -.gif - 45kB

kellychapman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 10:49 PM

No truer words ever spoken.........thankyou for making it perfectly clear....:tumble:
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.