Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bumpy Ride? Chuck those Anti Sway Bars
generubin
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2003 at 07:32 PM
Bumpy Ride? Chuck those Anti Sway Bars

This is a "man's" post for sure. I've noticed the amount of replies on posts about tires and shocks. I just wanted to mention an experience I've had recently. I've been off/dirt roading for a good 20 years from the Sahara to the Arctic. Most of us types already know that any factory anti-sway bars severely limit suspension articulation on uneven and boulder strewn roads. The newish truck that I now have is my first to come with front and rear bars. It is a 2003 Ford F250 SD, manual trans 4x4. Well, after 10,000 miles I removed the sway bars completely and what a plush ride I now have! It leans only the tiniest bit on curves but soaks up the washboard and follows the terrain beautifully. I recommend you try it! I have a shell only on my truck, with an overhead camper you might get too much lean. It takes only one hour to remove front and rear. Shocks are ProComp, Tires 295/75/16 BFG TA KO.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.