BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Time of year for lowest airfare - US/LTO?
CP
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2006 at 02:17 PM
Time of year for lowest airfare - US/LTO?

I understand there is a tourist 'season' in Loreto, but doing an airfare search it looks like rates are the same year round. Maybe season just effects hotel rates...Do you know of any better airfare rates to be had depending on time of year?
Thanks.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2006 at 12:15 PM

it's always about the same. way too high. only suggestion is checking airline websites Wednesday ams early morning, sometimes a last minute special price based on seats available. if you see something that sounds good, grab it immediately.
Worldtraveller
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 12:57 AM

Generally May and mid-August through mid-October are the periods with the lowest fares. I've also gotten bargains in the first half of December. This year has been a bit different due to all the fuel-related price increases. Also, look for flights on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. If you are getting a car or have other flexibility, it might make sense to also check out fares to La Paz and Cabo and do some driving

Checking airline web sites is probably better than going to general sites because that's where you can find low-fare guarantees and also avoid the service charges when buying through travel agents and some other web sites. I found a $378 fare for early December on alaskaair.com. Could be better, but not bad when you consider that there is $86 of taxes included in that number.
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 08:16 AM
Maybe Competition Will Help?

Yeah, right.

A week in January, identical days, LAX to LTO round trip:

Alaska Air $377.70
Delta Air $377.89

The price is set by the Mystical Competitive Free Marketplace Crystal Ball, with a margin or error of +- 19 cents.

Price fixing is not allowed.:lol:

Last time down I took the bus. It was OK until the BIG drunk guy landed on me.:lol:
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 09:44 AM

When I went down in early summer i found out that it was cheaper via LAX then via SD! By around 60 US.

And Alaska Airline was cheapest then!

[Edited on 5-11-2006 by FARASHA]

LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 09:46 AM
Bus Ride

Hey..
Back in the 80's the bus was the only way to get down to Loreto:lol:
That was after Aeromexico stop service into Loreto, and before our beloved AeroCalifornia.
We had some great times on those "Tres Estres" big brown buses to TJ.;D
jeffg
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 11:46 AM

More competition would help simply by bringing more seats into the market. Airline seats are a perishable commodity, full planes = high fares, empty seats = lower fares.

BTW, I just checked on some tickets I already have for December from SAN to SJD, the fares have dropped by $140/person since I bought the tickets. I called Alaska Air, they are issuing a travel voucher for the difference. Works for me!

Jeff
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2006 at 12:01 AM
Baja airfare

For discount airfare in/out of Loreto try a consolidator like ebookers.com where with some luck, flexibility and due diligence we've found some extraordinary offerings.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2006 at 03:19 AM

2 Days ago when I was in Loreto, I was told that Aero California was starting up Daily flights to Loreto.
Anybody know for sure???

I was very dissapointed with Alaska Airlines that I will Drive/ or fly to La Paz and drive up to Loreto.
That is by far the Worst Airline I have ever been on!!!
Poor Service, Rude Employees,confusion in Assigned Seats, and a general Attitude of "We don't give a Poop!!!.

Sure hope that Aero California comes back!!

Skeet
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2006 at 10:35 AM
LAX-Loreto Aero California

Skeet, I spoke with the Loreto AreoCalifornia office this morning and it's not official yet, but............they are planing to start flying LAX-Loreto-LAX around December 21st. I was told the tenative flight schedule would be Sunday/Thursday/Friday. Price/departure/arrival times are not available at this time. The person I spoke too said to keep checking back. No information on AeroCalifornia's website at this time as well.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.