BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Loreto Restaurant Recommendations?
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2006 at 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Summanus
If you eat a pasta, and then an antipasta....does that mean you would still be hungry?

[Edited on 11-7-2006 by Summanus]

No, because you would then have started with the DOLCE, and that will take care of it.:cool:
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2006 at 12:06 PM
Dolce...

FARASHA...you have Dolce on the mind. You need therapy.

Here it is: (my wife dubbed this "our just desserts")

NOTE: This will the last 'treat' in your rehabilitation/withdrawal from the dreaded dolce syndrome. Cold Turkey is now mandatory.

- our just desserts -.jpg - 40kB

Summanus....ancient Roman Nightly Thunder God. He liked refrieds too.
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2006 at 12:15 PM

SUMMANUS: THANKS A LOT for getting my glands working, now I got to go and get some food - have to regain lots of weight, which I've lost in BAJA. So NO to withdrawal and diet :biggrin:

SO, all still waiting for PhilC's Pasta receipt!!:?:
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2006 at 03:32 PM

Well.....looks like I stirred up the noodles.....seems the water sort of got away from the cook once, and uh, there was sort of a flooding incident....and uh, uh,well you know,uh, one thing led to another, know what I mean? And then there you go.. hosed down pasta. Seems like a perfectly good esplination to me.......... (whew!). Guess you had to have been there. I'm sure the problem has been cleared up. Try the pineapple salad, it's yummy ;D

[Edited on 11-7-2006 by Phil C]
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2006 at 04:42 PM

I have also tried the "House of hosed down pasta". Wont be going back
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2006 at 06:26 PM

Wow, Phil, I didn't know about the flood and all... I just thought the sauce was lacking a few things-- like tomatoes, garlic, basil and salt.

Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2006 at 06:38 PM

Must be the barbed wire that keeps them out..
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2006 at 10:05 PM

Oh, THAT place;)

Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 11-7-2006 at 11:43 PM
Loreto Restaurants

Not exactly posh, or a sitdown with lobster and linen tablecloths, but a MUST when in Loreto is the new seafood coctel joint just east of El Nido on the road into town.

I spent a rollicking hour there in June watching Mexico play Argentina in the World Cup Soccer match. I savored the delicious "pescado al vapor" (cabrilla steamed with vegetables in foil, and absolutely succulent)........

A group of taxistas and bus drivers having lunch gathered around a small in-house television and wrenched and groaned and cussed and stomped their feet over the soccer match............... GOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know,THAT GUY

It was truly a memorable Baja experience!

They also have excellent tostadas de ceviche de camarron, fresh fresh fresh around 11 AM. This is a daytime cocteleria, I don't think they're open at night. But the mariscos are "to die for". :dudette:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2006 at 03:25 AM

"Giggling Dolphin" is Excellent!
And just wait until you see the Little Lady with the Great Boobs and Cute Little Rear End that Serves you that Good Food!!!!

The "Boat Bar" was made from the Boat that Bill Benziger used when he first opened the "Hotel Oasis".

Skeet
CP
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2006 at 07:51 AM

Thank you Skeet. In addition to full bar and good food, Great Boobs will certainly be appreciated by the guests I am taking to dinner!

Hey Loretana,
We always make that coctelaria our first stop when we hit Loreto. Get the truck washed next door, drink beer and have excellent fresh mariscos, run across the street for pet supplies. GOTTA QUESTION for you on the Al Vapor they serve there. What is the ingredient that gives it a unique flavor from the others I have had? Is it epazote??? Is it the stuff they add to Mexican butter?? I can't figure it out. I always forget to ask. Well, no, actually my Spanish isn't good enough to ask something that specific... any ideas? If not, I'll definitely ask the question when I am there next time (having one specific communication goal really really helps me put in the study time).
CP
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2006 at 08:47 AM

ah..please send coordinates of Great Boobs and Cute Rear End....cafe also.

Summanus....ancient Roman Nightly Thunder God. He liked refrieds too.
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2006 at 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Alley

The Giggling Dolphin is on Juarez, near the Malecon, next to the Dolphin Dive Center and the new small motel and bar Luna.

Enjoy Summanus!!
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2006 at 01:20 PM

Anyone have any word on how Picazon made it through the storms?
Hi to Emelda and Alejandro if anyone goes out that way.

Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2006 at 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Anyone have any word on how Picazon made it through the storms?
Hi to Emelda and Alejandro if anyone goes out that way.

We didn't stop there last time we went to El Bajo; they were not open then. But they opened a week ago.

In general, I could say soo much more about Loreto Restaurants, especially the "hosed down pasta:lol: " but it's a small town. This category needs an anonymous posting capability.:biggrin:
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.