Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: road questions
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 11-9-2006 at 07:41 AM
road questions

leaving in the morning for san felipe staying in town a couple of days then new mazatlan, then to el rosario , the dirt road from hwy 3 that goes through valle de trinidad that leads to hwy 1 is it a good road looks like i w:spingrin::bounce::bounce:ill save miles but want to save driving time to also is pt baja safe for camping ? I will be in a red jeep cherokee with a grey tent trailer stop an say hello and we can have a beer jim :bounce::spingrin::spingrin::
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2006 at 08:29 AM

Jim the road is usually in decent to good condition. I travel it a couple of times a year with the last time being in June. Used by many locals etc. Was part of the 500 race course this year. Pulling a tent trailer should not be a problem. Now if it were a big trailer that would be different.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 11-9-2006 at 02:01 PM

Where will you be around the 6-8-10th of Dec? I will be on my way down in that time frame. Be sure to let me know so I can stop. Did you say free beer??:biggrin: Can I spend the night?:lol::lol: Hope you will at some place to fish too. Hmmm...Beer water fish chair,,,I heard that somewhere before...Ahhh Baja soon:cool:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2006 at 02:11 PM

Punta baja is super cool for camping, and the road out is pretty nice. BUT - if its raining then DO NOT DO IT! The road is clay and gets REALLY messy when its wet.

yuletide
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 11-9-2006 at 05:33 PM

Al i will be back in Denver by thanksgiving ,i have some appointments i can't change but will be in san felipe area until the 17 of nov look for a red cherokee i will be at new matzatlan and if i move i will leave a notice at the book store :bounce::bounce:
davemo

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 12:53 AM
Road conditions around Valle de Trinidad week of Nov 14-20

I recommend that you avoid that route next week, the 39th annual Baja 1000 off road race is happening on thursday and there will be teams prerunning in the area until then. The race course goes from Ojos Negros through El Alamo and Valle de Trinidad and on to San Felipe. The highways will be busy. The road from Valle T to Hwy 1 through El Coyote will be used heavily by some teams trying to get from the east side to the west. It would be dangerous to be on that road towing a trailer. Wait a week then go for it.

[Edited on 11-10-2006 by davemo]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.