BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Why are Mexicans so happy?
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 11-12-2006 at 07:18 AM

I have to say that I find GREEDINESS repulsive in people and this constant unpleased attitude that comes with it.
This repeatedly groaning and moaning what does NOT work out well.
I couldn't go over it with a friend - we split up over this, because I didn't want to live at the same place. It was disturbing my inner Balance and HARMONY.

Of course Sh**t happens and that can influence our mood, emotions for some period of time. No problem with this.

BUT out of that - you feel better when making the decision to look at the bright side of Life. And what does work out well.
That is MHO :yes:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 08:42 AM

Osprey; Words well spoken, However I think deep down you do "Care".

In all of my years in Baja- Loreto- I found the inteaction with the Mexicanos a Soul-satisfing- time of my Life.
From the 60's on , I began to see a change in the People in the States, so looking for a Happier Life, I was led to Baja where I saw many, many People with very few "Material Goods" that were much Happier with their way of Life, than the Hippies, Baby Boomers etc.

I did observe the Changes brought about by Telephone, TV, Tourist, opening of the Road etc. On my Visit last week, I noticed a sutle change in the Attitude of the Mexicanos, that being that there is a resentment starting to emerge aganist the Americans/Canadians coming into the Area, buying Property,living behind walls, never interacting with the People, just expecting the Mexicano to be Grateful that they have arrived!!

I think it is good advice for each new visitor to read a book written many years ago titled ""The Ugly American".

Anon the Preacher
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2006 at 10:40 PM

Ditto Skeet
Distant Neighbor by Octavio Paz is also a good one.
Iflyfish
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 11-14-2006 at 12:12 AM

Alan Riding / Distant neighbors
saludos

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2006 at 10:08 AM

I have a friend Filipe whom I met on the beach at Agua Verde. He lives in Ciudad Constiution and sells draperies and used air conditioners. Whenever he wants he goes fishing, or snorkeling for Cholate clams. He told me about his brother who makes $20/hr building mobile homes up in California and how his brother works all the time and hardly ever gets to go fishing. Filipe said he prefers to stay in Mexico where he can fish when he wants, to making a lot more money in the in the States.

In other words, money is not what is important to him. I feel much the same way, it's about being happy with what you have and doing what you like to do.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.