BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What's happening at Los Cerritos?
Joy

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 11:44 AM
What's happening at Los Cerritos?

I hear that the beach at Los Cerritos is "closed". Rumour has it that people were being charged $400 to camp for a month, but now have been given 30 days to vacate?
Does anyone know the 'real story' of what is happening there?
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 11:55 AM
ill be checking it out

next week...ill let you know.
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 01:29 PM

Was there about 10 days ago. Still access to the beach either thru km64 or67. Some campers south of the "campsite" (which is totally fenced... can't tell if they are going to open it for camping or if it is for some private development).
There is a large building just south from where the little taco stand is. Looks like a
restaurant??
The locals who run the taco stand were open and making great tacos!!

[Edited on 2006-11-10 by Marie-Rose]

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
Joy

[*] posted on 11-13-2006 at 07:50 AM

Thanks everyone,
I have heard from some friends that are set up near the old 'golf course' and will post here when I hear more from them about what is happening there. It is a lovely area and I guess it is only a matter of time before it is claimed by developers. I feel lucky that we were able to spend some time here before 'progress' invades.
Cameron
Nomad

Mood: Thirsty!

sad.gif posted on 11-14-2006 at 02:29 PM
Development at Los Cerritos

RE: Development at Los Cerritos...
The Titles for all of the individual parcels in/around Los Cerritos were finally issued early in 2005, and what's going on now is the first stages of the large-scale development of the area around Los Cerritos.
Most of the land around the "main" part of the beach has been sold already, in various sizes of lots, and besides a slew of private homes, there's a large hotel going in on the old trailer park site.
The development of the area has been planned for years, but was held up by Hurricane Juliette's re-engineering of the beach/dunes. It took the Eijido de Pescadero 4 or 5 years to re-survey the area and make adjustments where necessary before the "final" Titles were issued, and now that folks have clear Titles, it's time to start building.
If anyone's curious to see the plans/plat map of the immediate area, you can stop by the (La Familia???) Real Estate office in Todos Santos across the street from Los Adobes Restaurant. They've got them posted on the wall for all to see.
If you've got more specific questions, feel free to U2U me, and I'll try to help.
Suerte!... Cameron

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.