Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ferry Service from Santa Rosalia to Guaymas
LazyDazer

[*] posted on 11-14-2006 at 12:31 PM
Ferry Service from Santa Rosalia to Guaymas

Hello!

I apologize for this "double" post. I posted in the wrong place, so am trying it again.

I hope I am putting this in the correct category this time.

I am a Long-Time reader, but seldom post. BTW, we knew Mike Humphries when we stayed in Bahia de los Angeles in '63 or '64 and camped next to Mike and Mary Ann. The only reason we went to Doc Abraham's place was because of the posts Mike made about the place. He'll be missed, indeed.

But to the point of my post. We are here in San Felipe and a young man is here, looking to get over to mainland MX. He would like to drive his little van down to Santa Rosalia and take the ferry over to Guaymas. I have searched the web, looking for CURRENT information on the ferry. So far all I find is in Spanish, and nothing current.

Does anyone have current information on rates, schedules and if they are still running the ferry out of Santa R to Guaymas? Any information will be much appreciated.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave
safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting "...holy s---...what a ride!:saint:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-14-2006 at 02:18 PM

Isnt it funny how there is RARELY current info on the ferries? I'm sure they'd do a lot more business if they just kept their info current.

I'd say you best bet is to get their phone number and call them.
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2006 at 05:49 PM

Paul & Kathleen.......... I took the car ferry from Santa Rosalia to Guaymas in January on the way to Florida to pick up a new boat. At that time the fare for an adult was 650 pesos; for a car or pick-up 2,480 pesos. The ferry ran from SR to Guaymas Tues, Fri and Sunday and departed SR at 8:00 p.m. If your friend plans to take a vehicle across, it will have to be imported, which can be done at SR. He will need proof of ownership, immigration status, etc. I heard just yesterday that the ferry from SR now leaves in the morning and the 8 - 10 hours trip is in the daylight hours instead of at night. I have not verified this. The telephone number for the ferry office in SR is 615 15 2 12 46. The number for the office in Guaymas is 622 22 2 02 04.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 11-14-2006 at 05:52 PM

well...i´m not sure if this is the info you were looking for but i just went to veracruz on a school trip and we took the ferrie from sta. rosalia to guaymas and it was pretty good...they are still running and the boat is in pretty good shape...it´s comfortable and the crew is very nice...i´m not sure of the exact times but i know that it´s in the morning...we took it at about 9 am..i´m sure they make one trip a day..(duh) hehe and i am not sure on the cost...it´s really pretty though because you can see a bunch of hammer head sharks swimming around the boat and all that...we saw dolphins and whales and sharks...even a little crab!!!
i hope this was a little help for you...let me know if i can help with anything else...

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2006 at 06:05 PM

My wife and I took that ferry 25 years ago on our honeymoon.. Even back then there were so many people I don't think they need to worry about enticing more. We ended up sleeping outside on the deck. In all fairness though I realized later it WAS Easter week! Gimme a break. I had just gotten married and I was pretty well zoned on everything else!

We crossed at night back then and at least thought to grab a couple of blankets out of the car. Those steel decks will zap every once of heat out of your body.
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2006 at 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
My wife and I took that ferry 25 years ago on our honeymoon.. Even back then there were so many people I don't think they need to worry about enticing more. We ended up sleeping outside on the deck. In all fairness though I realized later it WAS Easter week! Gimme a break. I had just gotten married and I was pretty well zoned on everything else!

We crossed at night back then and at least thought to grab a couple of blankets out of the car. Those steel decks will zap every once of heat out of your body.

alan, that was back when the ferry service was run by the govt. and the prices were subsidized. It's a bit more expensive now and the times I've seen it leave, it's not all that crowded.

But it wasnt Easter, either........
LazyDazer

[*] posted on 11-14-2006 at 07:00 PM
ferry Service from Santa Rosalia to Guaymas

LazyDazer

[*] posted on 11-14-2006 at 07:04 PM
ferry Service from Santa Rosalia to Guaymas

Many thanks to all for the good information.

I finally did manage to find the website for the ferry. It's rather crazy ... most times I get a blank, black screen. Once-in-awhile I was able to connect with an attractive website.

I think I have the information I needed, with many thanks again to this forum.

Gracias amigos y amigas! (sp?)

:saint:
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave
safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting "...holy s---...what a ride
osoflojo
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 07:12 AM

If you have not already try www.ferrysantaroselia.com .
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 08:53 AM

Those rates are just a little more than I remember them being :lol:
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
Those rates are just a little more than I remember them being :lol:

Yeah, I was trying to be diplomatic. :tumble:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.