Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Can't login? - read this
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-16-2006 at 04:38 PM
Can't login? - read this

Because of "robots" posting commercial links, and other "unwanted" anonymous posts... I've needed to make the Suggestions/Comments forum only available to users that are logged in.

For those that need help because they *can't* login, you'll need to contact me directly via email. Use the "Email" link at the bottom of my post, or simply type in (using an "@" for "at")

bajanomad at escapist.com

Other contact information is here:
http://www.bajanomad.com/contact.htm

Regards,
--
Doug Means

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 11-16-2006 at 04:49 PM

Thanks Doug, we're already getting enough spam on our home accounts!

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 11-17-2006 at 12:48 AM

Good Idea Doug! Thanks.
nancywinpdx
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2009 at 07:54 PM

I have emailed you several times with my issue but never receive a response so decided to try here:

my original userid here is 'nancywinpdx'.

I can never sucdessfully sign in even when you reset the password which has been done many times. Will you please fix the problem? I have info in U2 messages I've received and would like to keep and use that info but can't access it. Finally, i got desperate and created this new account so i could post. My email is madamdorkis@gmail.com

thanks

nancy
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-1-2009 at 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by nancywinpdx
my original userid here is 'nancywinpdx'.
I believe you mean "nancyINpdx".

Quote:
I can never sucdessfully sign in even when you reset the password which has been done many times.
Does that mean each new password does not work for you, or that you're not receiving it?

Quote:
Will you please fix the problem?
Generally, there's nothing on this side "to fix". Otherwise nobody could log in. That means we need to see if we can determine why you are not able to log in, and how to "fix" your system.

:)

Please pass along further details about what you're experiencing. Use u2u with your new login account, post here, or make sure you're confirming your email address when my system sends a verification email to you from the bajanomad at escapist.com address (a necessity due to spam on that address after 12 years or so of having it posted online... an unfortunate necessity these days).

Thanks,
-
Doug

[Edited on 8-2-2009 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-1-2009 at 09:52 PM

Nancy,

If you look at the last login time here:
http://forums.bajanomad.com/member.php?action=viewpro&me...

...you'll see that I was able to successfully login using the password you emailed me.

Your email was in a queue waiting for verification, btw....

Issues are generally related to either:

A) copying/pasting the password, but adding a space character by accident in what gets copied. Or...
B) Security settings are disallowing the cookies the system uses to identify you.

A recent "new one" for me was someone that had the time on their system off, which I know can interfere with making a new post, but they also were unable to login. FYI.

Please advise, either by u2u, posting here, or email. I've whitelisted your email address, so you do not need to confirm your address again.

-
Doug

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-1-2009 at 10:47 PM

Actually, in a "blinding flash of the obvious" - if you're able to login as nancywinpdx, then the issue is making sure you're entering the correct username/password combination for nancyinpdx. Again, I was able to login using the password you sent me, so please try again with that. Be sure to avoid any extra space characters.

Thanks,
-
Doug

[Edited on 8-2-2009 by BajaNomad]

nancywinpdx
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2009 at 12:39 AM
my old userid, nancyinpdx

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Nancy,

If you look at the last login time here:
http://forums.bajanomad.com/member.php?action=viewpro&me...

...you'll see that I was able to successfully login using the password you emailed me.

Your email was in a queue waiting for verification, btw....

Issues are generally related to either:

A) copying/pasting the password, but adding a space character by accident in what gets copied. Or...
B) Security settings are disallowing the cookies the system uses to identify you.

A recent "new one" for me was someone that had the time on their system off, which I know can interfere with making a new post, but they also were unable to login. FYI.

Please advise, either by u2u, posting here, or email. I've whitelisted your email address, so you do not need to confirm your address again.

-
Doug

Hi Doug

I just tried again. nancyinpdx and I do not cut and paste the password. I do not have a computer so I can't play with any software or do a cut and paste. I've always accessed this place thru my WII game system. I am gonna request a new password again. But this has been happening for quite a while and it keeps happening with each new password. The current password is really weird. I will write back here and let you know if it works with a new password. Is it 3 lowercase 'l's in my password? If my next attempt does not work with the new system generated password, may I pleeeeease choose my own?

thanks

nancy

This new userid and password have always worked fine and I do nothing different. Maybe I should use the new email userid nancywinpdx@gmail.com?
nancyinpdx
Nomad

Mood: muy eccentrica

[*] posted on 8-2-2009 at 01:29 AM

Dear Doug:

Thank you sooooooo much for your help. My account is fine now and I now have the password I want and can remember!!!

nancy
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 06:32 PM

I just don't log out. I did not log out one time and the next time I brought up the board I was already logged in. I have gone through 3 or 4 passwords until I discovered the trick to it.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I just don't log out. I did not log out one time and the next time I brought up the board I was already logged in. I have gone through 3 or 4 passwords until I discovered the trick to it.
That'll work until your "cookie" expires. I believe it's 90 days.

-
Doug

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.