Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja California Almanac & INEGI topographic maps availability
RICHARDH
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2006 at 07:32 PM
Baja California Almanac & INEGI topographic maps availability

Baja California Almanac:

It looks like the Baja California Almanac is a must-have for my planned visit to Baja since I will be using lots of backroads to visit wilderness.

However, the publisher says it is out of stock on this atlas and is unsure when its new edition will be published. Amazon.com is also out of stock and would have been a good place to get it along with Walt Peterson's book *The Baja Adventure Book* since Amazon.com has free shipping and handling for orders over $25.

So does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Baja California Almanac? How about alternatives? Are there any good alternatives to the Almanac?

INEGI topographic maps:

Also, I've read that there is an INEGI office in Mexicali where one can purchase 1:50,000-scale (and perhaps also 1:250,000-scale) topographic maps of Baja for about $4 each.

Does anyone know of any INEGI office (or say other government office or other place) in Ensenada where these maps can be purchased at that price?

How about at any map or book stores in Ensenada?

I am thinking I may enter Baja at Tecate and drive down to Ensenada on Mex 3 and then south on Mex 1.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2006 at 08:42 PM

INEGI website shows only Mexicali and Tijuana as having offices. In Tijuana it lists -

TIJUANA
"Av. Vía Rápida Oriente No. 9306, Zona Urbana Río Tijuana, a un costado de Palacio de Gobierno"
0 CP 22320
Teléfono: (664) 979-7800 AL 09
Fax: "(664) 638-7938 Ext, 7802"
Servicio de consulta y venta
Horario de lunes a viernes de 8:30 a 16:30

:light:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-17-2006 at 11:50 PM

For topos, might want to try here:
http://www.mapworld.com/mexicantopo.aspx

Regarding the Almanac, I can check with my supplier. They indicate that it's supposed to have a new edition available this month (11/06). I'll have to check. If they have it - it's 24.95 (+ tax in CA) plus shipping. I'm guessing they don't have it since nobody else does right now.

Peterson's "Baja Adventure Book" would be another 24.95 (+ tax if applicable).

Regards,
--
Doug Means

[Edited on 11-18-2006 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
capitolkat
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2006 at 06:48 AM
almanac

I just ordered the almanac from Baja Books-- but they informed me the new edition was due out in Jan. or so and they could keep my money and send it then or I could order later-- since it's my money I prefer to keep it so I'll order when it shows up in stock.

Life is too short to drink bad wine
BajaHawk
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2006 at 10:58 AM

You might try Discover Baja (San Diego, CA). They had several copies last time I was there.

(800)727-2252
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2006 at 03:20 PM

And try Alibris.com or bookfinder.com for the Adventure Book. A used, older version will be just as good.
Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2006 at 02:12 PM

http://www.eol.ucar.edu/projects/name/science_planning/MX_ma...

you can download the 250,000 series free here.

yuletide
Frigatebird
Nomad

Mood: Soaring

[*] posted on 11-21-2006 at 04:19 PM

Perhaps the question should be: "Does the government have the permission of the people to profit even more at their expense?" :light::no::no::no:

Avatar courtesy of Herb :tumble:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.