Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bruce's Pizza Dough
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-20-2006 at 11:09 AM
Bruce's Pizza Dough

for a few years Edith and I made and sold Pizza here in Mulege at our restaurant Rosario's Patio. there are as many ways to make pizza dough as there are places selling it, so you can always modify it to fit your self .this Pizza Dough is easy and fool proof and works well as both thin and thick crust pizza.

Making the Pizza Dough

Making your own pizza dough “from scratch” is not as hard or as time consuming as you might think. With a little practice, you will find it to be an EASY part of making your own pizzeria-style pizza at home. “Working” with pizza dough is a skill that improves each time you that you do it. With a little experience, you will know when your pizza dough has the right “feel” that will give you a tasty pizza crust.

Basic Pizza Dough:biggrin:

Basic Pizza Dough II
INGREDIENTS:
• 1 package active dry yeast
• 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
• 2 cups bread flour
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons white sugar

DIRECTIONS:
In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand about 10 minutes until it foams.

the next step I like to use a Kitchen aid or Hobart mixer with a dough hook but it can easily be done buy hand in about the same time.

In a large Mixing bowl, combine 2 cups bread flour, olive oil, salt and the yeast mixture; Mix well to combine. Work well or knead until dough has formed. Cover and rise until doubled in volume. About 1 hour. Punch down dough.

Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Form dough into a ball and roll out into a pizza crust shape Let rest about 10 minutes. Cover with your favorite sauce and toppings and bake in preheated 425 degree oven until golden brown. About 25 minutes.

Bruce's tip
the way you cook your pizza can change the properties of the crust alto you can bake it on a pan or a Cooke sheet, or a pizza stone or I use a peel or pizza paddle and just put it right on the oven rack for a crisper crust:light:

Bruce's tip
if you use a pan or a Cooke sheet lightly oil with olive oil and sprinkle with corn meal.:light:

Bruce's tip if you don't want big bubbles in your crust dock it or use a fork and punch holes in it every inch or so. I like the bubbles so I don't dock.

Enjoy good Pizza in Baja!

!

[Edited on 11-20-2006 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.