BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: What has happened to Pelican Reef Real estate?
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by longlegsinlapaz
Bruce, I'd assume that both the buyer & the seller have a copy of the signed sales contract. Is there another realtor (reputable) in the area that you could talk with to get advice? It seems like once the sales agreement is signed, you could proceed directly with the Notario. Yes, I do realize that you'd need to get current copies of the taxes paid/no lien & other paperwork, but I think you should be able to proceed with yourself or someone else in the drivers seat. Have you thought about giving Miguel Izquierdo a call for some advice? I'd forget the missing realtor (unless their holding the earnest $$!!) & start over to get the deal closed in as timely a manner as possible. I'm not sure if your the buyer or the seller, but is the other half of this deal aware of what's happening...i.e., do you still have a deal if you can get someone competent to take it on & get it through the Notario process?

their are a lot of problems with this. the Realtor has the contracts and a big chunk of cash involved in this deal. and no one can contact them. I did get hold of a Juliet that is an employ or an associate of Pelican Reef. but she told me that she also cant get hold of the person in charge and has no way of finding out what is going on.the person we need to contact is Pierce and his phone in the USA has been cut off or something. this whole thing dose not look good to me. at the very least this is not the way a responsible business should operate. they must be receiving my emails but chose not to respond.:?:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 05:30 PM

I suppose the closest PROFECO office is in La Paz? You need to get this on some official person's radar screen, I know you don't think too much of the police in Mulege, but I believe this would qualify as embezzlement, equivalent to Lulu Jacobson who embezzled earnest $$ or trust funds from Coldwell Banker in Cabo. I'd give Miguel a call & see what he advises. Take legal action immediately, and then see if this transaction can be salvaged between the buyer & seller; though I doubt the buyer, who would have been the one whose $$ is missing would want to toss more $$ on the table at this point in time! I think both the buyer & seller should jointly initiate legal action against both the individual you dealt with, as well as the company. I'm sorry this happened.....it really SUCKS!:(
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 05:35 PM
Dumb birds

those pelicans..................

pelly.jpg - 36kB
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 05:37 PM

I suppose the closest PROFECO office is in La Paz? You need to get this on some official person's radar screen, I know you don't think too much of the police in Mulege, but I believe this would qualify as embezzlement, equivalent to Lulu Jacobson who embezzled earnest $$ or trust funds from Coldwell Banker in Cabo. I'd give Miguel a call & see what he advises. Take legal action immediately, and then see if this transaction can be salvaged between the buyer & seller; though I doubt the buyer, who would have been the one whose $$ is missing would want to toss more $$ on the table at this point in time! I think both the buyer & seller should jointly initiate legal action against both the individual you dealt with, as well as the company. I'm sorry this happened.....it really SUCKS!:(
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 06:31 PM
Gone bye-bye?

Bruce does Pierce have any physical interests in town there? Any reason to return there like personal possessions; i.e. boat, car etc.?
Someones' gotta know something. Do you know of other pending "deals" or sales he may currently be negotiating. In other words, are there others who may be getting stiffed as yourself. That would then support a hypothesis.

On the other hand, it seems very odd he left such a cold trail. Perhaps something bad has happened which would make it impossible for you to know, and vice-versa.

I hope the best for you. Legal action will cost you in many ways if you choose to use it.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 09:36 PM

there are all kinds of roomers of coarse but I don spread those things:no:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
those pelicans..................

yea it seems like they put every thing in there pouch and fly away:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 06:28 AM

i talkked to somebody yesterday that said pierce was here. will try and remember who told me and get back to you. dont know where he would be staying but know he is going to thialand in dec.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 07:38 AM

if he is here he is hiding pretty good. no one can find him:o

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 09:14 AM

Bruce, I have no idea what your problem is with Pelican Reef. I thought I'd see what was up and E-mailed both Julieta and Pierce. They both answered me within an hour. They both explained what was happening, not that it was any of my business. And I feel that Pierce is okay although I have not met him. I KNOW Julieta is good. Pierce said he will return soon. I hope this clears up some of the concerns you have initiated on this site. Russ
pierceandval
Banned

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 09:31 AM
Back soon

Hi Bruce,
We are in the states and will be back in Mulege in Dec. The office will reopen Dec. 15. Pierce has been down to Mulege twice since the hurricane and we thought we would wait till the mosquitos died down to head that way. We both have had Dengue and would not like to revisit it. If you need to get ahold of us the email is pelicanreefbaja@hotmail.com or you can call us at (864)384-7147. The email hasn't changed and it is checked several times daily. We will see you in Dec.
Pierce and Val
pierceandval
Banned

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 09:35 AM

By the way, we haven't recieved any emails from you. May want to check and make sure you have the spelling correct and we would appreciate it if you would contact us directly instead of posting rumors on the chat room.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 09:55 AM

I sent all emails from your website to pelicanreefbaja@hotmail.com why did you not contact me when you were in Mulege?
and why wont you address the closing date for our contract?

your employ Julietta also has been sending you emails with no response.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pierceandval
By the way, we haven't recieved any emails from you. May want to check and make sure you have the spelling correct and we would appreciate it if you would contact us directly instead of posting rumors on the chat room.

I have resent all of the emails from Nov.to the same address.

it is unbelievable that after all of this you still have not contacted me or your associates on this mater:?:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

pierceandval
Banned

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 12:22 PM

We are in contact with Julieta daily. She is our partner in the Real Estate business and we email and/or speak to her every day. I still have not recieved an email from you and would rather speak to you there then here.
pierceandval
Banned

wink.gif posted on 11-30-2006 at 04:00 PM
Crazy rumours

To whom it may concern,

Val and I are in the States and will be leaving for our home in Mulege in two weeks.I have been in Mulege twice since the hurricane and on my last trip there,we decided to close the real-estate office until Dec 15,06 because of the obvious problems of the hurricane and damage.We are in contact with all of our clients and all of our friends in Mulege and Baja on a daily basis through our email(pelicanreefbaja@hotmail.com)or through direct phone 864-384-7147. These rather damaging postings from Bruce Leach were brought to my attention by many of our friends who monitor this site from time to time. Let me start by clearing up a couple of things posted here.
We have a new office in Mulege and have just hired two new realtors to work there with both Val,myself and Julieta this season.We have completed every deal we have ever been involved with in Baja and will continue to do so.
The buyer of Bruces house has decided not to complete at this time and is willing to give up his deposit which Bruce Leach has held since this deal was inked.Any funds we held in trust will go back to the Buyer as per my agreement with him.
Considering that Mulege has just been through a hurricane and there was damage to the area and loss of life.I am not surprised that the buyer decided to give Bruce the ernest money and walk away from the deal.I cannot force a buyer to purchase a home if they decide not to and the remedy for this is for the seller to keep the ernest money.
I do not want to get into this transaction in this public forum but felt I better clear the air.
Val and I have spent a considerable amount of time the last few years investing in Mulege and the Baja in general .Our old bar,The Pelican Reef Bar and Grill is open and very busy as of this morning.We do not deserve the public display of sour grapes as put out on this forum by Bruce Leach. *****

Pierce and Val
(At the same email and phone # we have always had)

[Edited on 11-30-2006 by BajaNomad]
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 04:09 PM

I would rather speak to you Via email then here also that is why I keep sending them. there is definitely some thing going on I sent 4 emails this morning and re sent all of the ones for last week get a receipt that they are delivered but not opened. I think they need to check there filters on there mail program and See if it isn't just tossing them in the trash. also I spoke with Julieta and she says here email has not been getting answered ether and she hasn't talked with them for some time. I did speak with Pierce on the phone with the number he posted.

it seems I am the only one that showed up for the closing:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.