BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Coming Home
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 11-21-2006 at 07:41 AM
Coming Home

As I have received "work orders" from my daughter, "DE VOS Boss", it is time for me to return home to a booming with work Baja; My work orders dictate afternoons watching my grandkids, dinner and dishes, so that my daughter can work late running our business. Really beside my art some of my favorite things to do anyway.

I bought my airline ticket yesterday to fly out of Toluca, homebound a week from today, so the reality of it is finally sinking in, I will be home cozy tucked in my own sweet sheets looking out over the sea of cortez in not to many more dawns away.

So be it, I leave on Friday with My teachers and friends driving to Mexico City. I will miss terribly Oaxaca and the studio where I have worked here in the City of Eternal Spring, just as I have missed my grandkids and my little casita and looking out over the lights dancing on the Sea at home, another world away. Alas we can only be in one place at a time.

Oaxaca even in it's worse moments is one of the best places I can imagine being, there is nothing like it, the people here have been so kind to me, I am in awe of them. As the man himself, Mike H. did say; they always make it work someway, and that they do, even in the most tryin times, it is easy to raise a smile, they always make the time ya anyway.

I had hoped so to see the conflicts here settled before I had to go, but although it appears that APPO's energy is fizzing, (yesterdays mega march was just a couple of hundred head at most), things still have a ways to go before life returns to anything resembeling algo norm. At least the teachers have dropped out of politicing for the moment and back into school, where they are most sorly needed and creating a mode of more normalicy than we have had here for a while.

Anyway, it will be good to once again sleep in my own bed, I love the big skies shinning clean and bright on my little Baja home. Yep, no doubt about it; one of the best things about leaving is finally coming home.

[Edited on 11-21-2006 by Eli]
sylens
Senior Nomad

Mood: ando bajando

[*] posted on 11-21-2006 at 11:43 AM
well said

Yep, no doubt about it; one of the best things about leaving is finally coming home.

enjoyed reading your post, a lovely melange of the private feelings and public (APPO) commentary. spent one week in oaxaca during the guelaguetza a couple of years ago and fell in love with the region. how fortunate for you to have been able to live there as you did. and muchas felicidades on being able to "finally (come) home" to the sea of cortez. i feel similarly grateful to be coming home to ensenada after traveling...:)

lili
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 11-21-2006 at 12:00 PM

Sara, Good for you and the G-kids! I am sure you have been sorely missed!! I'll be spending some time down there after the first of the year(need an operation first) helping Mija with the planning of building a new home> Maybe we can get some help from VOS?????? Hope to see you again, Abrazos, Sally

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2006 at 12:07 PM

Oh my goodness... yipeeee... Sara's comin' home!
Soon as you're all settled in, amiga, and the grandkids have caught up on their share of your love... I'll be paying you a visit and bringing an armload of hugs your way. Can't wait.:bounce:

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 11-23-2006 at 04:39 AM

Sylens, thanks for your insight into my words and your kind thoughts.

I am still packing it all in, Nena, when you make it to Los Barriles this year, you are going to be surprised how full the gallery is; It has been a very creative season for my part, I have shipped home 7 paper mache sculptures, plus numerous paintings and I have been able to obtain much art from many sources this season, including some great clay sculptures by Gloria and Maria. Galeria Los Angeles grows, poco a poco, but every year it grows.

Sally, hope the opertaion is minor, (as if there was such a thing). Yes, please come look at ideas with me, Vos is booked solid for the next two years, but I still have lots of ideas I can show you and I am always happy to share the vision.

[Edited on 11-23-2006 by Eli]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.