Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja 1000 - Best Spots to Check It Out
bajasammy
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2006 at 07:05 PM
Baja 1000 - Best Spots to Check It Out

I went down for a 'dudes' trip to the Baja 1000 this past weekend - and we had a blast!!!

Since I haven't been down to the race in awhile, we decided to just hang around the start area and watch 'em blast down the wash.

What are some of your favorite spots to check it out?

baja1000-2.jpg - 49kB
gtx510
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2006 at 07:25 PM

Notice any white Jeep Grand Cherokees while you were there? 2000 model.
roofrack, dented rear liftgate, tow hitch, Bilsteins, Rancho steering stabilizer, dented core support....

Help us find my father\'s killer(s?)!!!

Description of Jeep

He was murdered on Playa Armenta, south of Mulege B.C.S. The local police say it was on the 11th, but it was probably Tuesday the 7th.

PLEASE help us to find his killers.
They stole his ALL WHITE 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

It has a large dent on the rear liftgate to the left of the license plate.
There\'s a large black roof rack, about 4\'x4\'x1/2\', made from thin, round steel tubes and rods.
bbbait
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2006 at 07:54 PM

I vote for Bahia Cristina, 5 miles blw Puertecitos. Up on the hill you could see them coming for a half a mile and then going for another mile. And our neighbor over the ridge was doing a topless presentation for everyone. At one point two helicopters were hovering above her and the spectators down below thought there was a serious accident there cause of all the attention going on. She was right at a curve, where most of the riders were taking care of business. But during one stretch there were 4 bikes coming thru and 2 of them looked up at her, so she was getting at least half of their attention some of the time!
Geronimo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2006 at 09:50 PM

bbbait,

I did'nt get a chance to stop, shower on the brain and the sun going down, did you have a big four seater at your place? The car passed us up in the sisters. I was in an overstuffed black ranger with a rack for mast antenna.

\"The only cure is to be perpetually South Bound\"
~Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers from the song Mexicosis

Geronimo
bbbait
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2006 at 05:50 AM

Sorry I missed you! Yes, our friend was staying at our camp and using the buggy to pre run and then his crew chased him with it in the class 12 he was racing. Friday he gave some of the local kids in camp rides in it. Needless to say, they were awestruck!
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2006 at 07:52 AM

i vote south of bay of la, we had a huge hole in front of us with some awsome action.
bajasammy
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2006 at 10:16 AM

Our favorite spot was where they come around the 2nd corner after the start. The guy who hit the corner hardest was Robbie Gordon (didn't get a picture of him though - I was too busy trying to get out the way!). Very cool...

baja1000-1ss.jpg - 41kB

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.