BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: MexicoBob auto insurance???
ezzy

[*] posted on 11-22-2006 at 10:29 PM
MexicoBob auto insurance???

Hey, anybody used MexicoBob for travel insurance. Got the name through another forum. So I thought I would check it hear to see if it is legit. Here is what he told me. How does it all sound.
Dodge Ram 2500 P/U valued at $18,000 and your travel trailer valued at $3,000.

A 6 months policy would be the most economical for your trip. The premium for a 6 months policy for full coverage would be $250.80. If you only want a liability policy the 6 months premium would be $127.60. The following paragraph explains the coverage. If you took the liability policy you would have all of the coverage listed except there would be no coverage for your vehicles for physical damage.

You would be covered for $200,000 combined single limit per accident for property damage and bodily injury. You would also be covered for $5,000 per person and $25,000 per accident for medical payments for the occupants of your vehicle. You would also be covered for collision, upset, glass breakage, total theft and natural disasters (fire, lightning, wind, hail earthquake and flood). You would also be covered for legal assistance (legal aid, bail bond and attorney fees) and travel assist. Travel assist provides medical air evacuation for an illness or an auto accident. It will also provide an additional $2,000 per person and $10,000 total of medical payments for Mexico for the occupants of your vehicle.

The deductibles are $500 for collision, upset, glass breakage and natural disasters. The deductible for total theft is $1,000.

You would be given a toll free number direct to the Mexican Insurance Company to report a claim 24/7. They in turn would dispatch an adjuster to you wherever you are in Mexico.

If you have any questions please let us know. Feel free to call us on our toll free line 888-377-1570. The policy can be faxed, e-mailed or mailed. We do accept Visa & M/C if this is convenient for you. Our office hours are 7:30 to 5:00 Monday thru Friday and 8:00 to 12:00 on Saturday.

The Mexican Insurance Company that we represent is Mapfre Tepeyac. They have been in business for over 62 years. They are one of the largest and best thought of companies in Mexico and most financially secure. They are an A M Best “A” rated company. We have represented them for over 32 years.
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2006 at 02:01 AM

Ezzy.......do a search here on "Insurance". LOTS and LOTS of discussion on the subject. I've NEVER heard of MexicoBob insurance. I wouldn't buy a used car from a guy with a name like that!!

Bedman
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-23-2006 at 05:23 AM
Insurance

Check with Geoff (a fellow Nomad) at Bajabound....see and click on their ad at the top of this page.
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 11-23-2006 at 08:15 AM
Hey Ezzy, Is this your Dodge truck?

Make sure you have good insurance! This guy drove his Dodge right into the Esturary night before last, after rolling it. He's fine, truck look totaled.

Dodge 3.JPG - 16kB
losfrailes
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good!

[*] posted on 11-23-2006 at 09:01 AM

Check Lewis & Lewis on the internet. They are underwriters for Qualitas here in Mexico and offer very good auto insurance at a very reasonable cost.
Kimpatsu_Hekigan
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2006 at 10:24 PM
"Mexico Bob" = San Xavier Mexico Insurance

Just to provide another data point in this discussion...

"Mexico Bob" is actually Bob Acosta, owner/president of San Xavier Mexico Insurance based in Nogales and Tucson, AZ.

Just to provide another data point...his agency insures at least a hundred gringos living in Alamos, Sonora, and many more than that in San Carlos/Guaymas. I've used his services since 1999 and have always found him cordial and extremely helpful and forthright with my questions and concerns. He and his company have an excellent reputation.

Granted, I have never had a claim, so I can't vouch for the quality of his Mexican underwriting company, but I've never heard a complaint about claims service...

FWIW,

-- K.H.
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 11-23-2006 at 10:46 PM

and MAPFRE is a reputable company here; just check their coverage against your needs; like if you owe $$$ on your vehicle this might not be the right road to take.

[Edited on 11-24-2006 by bajabound2005]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.