vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 02:11 PM

Liitle young to croak, but,as far as living his life, he has my vote.:P:P:P
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 03:01 PM

Timmmmmbbbberrrrrr!!!!! Just goes to show you that you can be a legend and never have to grow up.

Actually, I nearly did that to my own house once, while "assisting" with the demolition part of a remodel (thought I'd save a few bucks, don't you know). While using a reciprocating saw to separate the living room roof from the dining room roof -- on which I was standing -- the dining room began to collapse downward and outward from the house, right under my feet. Of course, this was because I'd earlier cut through two load bearing beams at the bottoms of the outside corners of the room, and had made vertical cuts down the walls of the dining room connecting it to the rest of the house. Smart, huh? The only dumb part was standing on the dining room roof while making the final cut (DOH!). Luckily, I was able -- catlike -- jump over to the still-anchored living room roof before the dining room fell over and collapsed (had to lose the reciprocating saw to make it, but it came through fine after I dug it out of the rubble). I say catlike because when my wife ran out to see what the huge crash was, I said something like "hey, I meant to do that," kinda like the way a cat acts after it does something stupid and manages to recover without losing one of its lives.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 12-10-2006 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grover
http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-macpherson29nov...

Jack Macpherson, 69; La Jolla legend known for 'huge beer orgies'

"...Over beers one night, the duo came up with the idea of forming a fake "destruction company."

"It was a goof, a joke, and it just got out of hand," Macpherson told The Times in 1990.

Macpherson soon began stenciling Mac Meda Destruction Company on T-shirts with red paint. And Mac Meda bumper stickers with the mushroom cloud logo began appearing on cars and windows all over town.

The phony destruction company even had a fake president. Rakestraw was obsessed with Albert, a gorilla at the San Diego Zoo, and would watch him for hours. So Albert became the group's president: Albert Mac Meda, whose name they put in the local phone book.

"The police always wanted to find Albert, not realizing it was a gorilla at the San Diego Zoo,"...

..."There'd be 10 or 20 of us who would go out with sledgehammers, axes, and football helmets and wreck an old house. Of course, we asked the original owners first...After we finished with the walls, everyone would climb onto the roof and get the whole house swaying back and forth. I mean, the whole thing would be moving until it caved in with all of us on top of it."...

...A Hawaiian-style "paddle out" in Macpherson's honor will be held at noon Dec. 10 at Windansea..."
They were not windansea surfers;just a bunch of hanger on PB drunks. Pat shea could barely swim. Typical bullsit exaggerated news story.:moon:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.