Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Incidents on trip to La Paz 11-30-06
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 04:35 PM
Incidents on trip to La Paz 11-30-06

Left Monday, arrived in La Paz noon Thursday. Stopped in G. Negro and stayed at Don Vicente (thanks Shari). Will go back there (dog friendly). Then on to Juncalito Beach where we camped...lots of small mosquitoes, then a norther blew in. Not a single checkstop was manned either way. At San Ysidro the red/green lights were covered so no check at the border. Never seen the checkpoints so abandoned. No problems, lots of gas, friendly folks. People see an increase in tourists and are happy about that. I did find myself being more aware of my surroundings, but not a single problem. Very green from Vizcano on. Good to be back in La Paz 'till spring.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 05:07 PM

Jack, it's great to hear a great positive report for a change. Thanks for the information.
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
reefrocket
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 09:37 PM

Good to hear a person can still get to Juncalito Beach with all the fencing going on!

Thanks
Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 10:42 PM

We also had a wonderful trip pitting for the Baja 1000.
The only problem was being short-changed at the El Rosario PEMEX......no good!!!!!

Therianthropic
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 11:14 PM

Mike, did you do anything about it like go to the cashier or contact Antonio?

He will refund any loss and that attendent will be dimissed. Antonio has uniforms with their names on them so they can be identified. The time and date will help if you didn't get his name. Antonio has cameras all over the place... one inside the cashiers box too.

BajaCactus is serious about his station being the best and most honest. However, when employees makes mistakes (on purpose) they are gone.
Antonio's email is info@bajacactus.com Please do not hesitate in contacting him with the details.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 11:23 PM

Jack, thanks for the report and the assurances.
We are planning to drive down Christmas week and stay on my partner's boat.
Teresa has been apprehensive, given the news (and she was born and raised in the mountains of Jalisco!)
Anyway, will contact you off-board prior to coming so we can hook up.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 11:33 PM

Jack, you have that list of mission-era sites to check out, right? :tumble::light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 06:37 AM

David...sure do. With Gerhard, Gulick. 'runner: be happy to connect!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 08:11 AM

"[stayed at Don Vicente ]"

Which hotel is that? How far into town?
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 12-2-2006 at 10:22 PM
Gas Station...

Mike,

In our business one of the most important values is honesty to our clients and friends...

I would appreciate a lot if you would let me know the day and time you pass through our gas station to identify the person who attended you and have a serious talk with him/her... also I will refund you whatever change you did not received.

DavidK... thank you very much for your help... you are right and I will do my best effort to correct any situations that affects our clients.

Mike... please contact me at info@bajacactus.com with any details you can provide... this is very important to me since I will not tolerate any misbehaviour of my employees.

Jack... very nice to see you and your wife at the Gas Station... remember next time if I am there I hope I can invite you both to a nice meal.

Thanks.

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is so much more than a dream..."

[Edited on 12-3-2006 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2006 at 12:00 AM

Steve drove up to Santa Maria, CA, to bring me back to La Paz La Paz last week, and I've never seen Highway One in better condition, very few bad spots. No one at checkpoints--possibly because of potential problems in Mexico, DF--and everything is temporarily as green as grass. A great trip.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2006 at 06:13 AM

TW: Shari's suggestion was Don Vicente, the first hotel on right going into town (maybe second). Fully fenced, night guard, clean and basic rooms, AND dog friendly. Nice people too. Used to stay at Don Gus, but no longer dog friendly so...
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2006 at 07:27 AM

Thanks Jack.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.