Printable Version  
Author: Subject: SENTRI Renewal - I did it On-Line - No Cost
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

biggrin.gif posted on 12-1-2006 at 01:16 PM
SENTRI Renewal - I did it On-Line - No Cost

https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/pkmslogout

You must type your name in all caps AND put in your middle name if you have one on your card. Otherwise, the system keeps telling you of a name mismatch error.

The password rules are the most ridiculous I have ever seen and I have some serious Gov't security clearances which require some weird things.

Once you get your GOES ID assigned to you, you will be told of the extension date on-line. I got 3 years extra, made no appointment and paid nothing. Once you open your profile, you can add and remove cars and other things on-line.

I will try that other stuff soon.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 05:02 PM

I submitted the online application a couple weeks ago. Got a notice that it was "Conditionally Approved." Called, got an appointment for Monday! They said I'd have the pass that day! Hooray!
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 10:27 PM
Bizarre Password Rules

Just hit the link and start a registration. You will find the password rules long before you know what hit you.:fire:

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gull
Just hit the link and start a registration. You will find the password rules long before you know what hit you.

Minimum Length : 8
Maximum Length : 12
Maximum Repeated Characters : 2
Minimum Alphabetic Characters Required : 1
Minimum Numeric Characters Required : 1
Starts with a Numeric Character
No User Name
At least one character must be ~!@#$%^&*()-_+={}[]\|;:/?.,<>"'`

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 12-2-2006 at 08:12 AM

Those are good rules for a password. They'll thwart several hacker techniques for getting into accounts and stealing identities. I'm glad to see the gov do something right occasionally.

I have a pass so I keep up with the news and the latest I heard is that all passes are now valid for 5 years after issue. Of course things change almost monthly. Anybody hear different?
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2006 at 07:09 PM
YES, BUT

On the back of your card, you have an expiration date. You must go on-line and apply for an extension for the full five year period. It took ten minutes of entry and such on the website and I got my three extra years, right then.

SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2006 at 12:18 PM
SENTRI success!

Went to SENTRI office at Otay Mesa for 7 a.m. appointment today. Left there shortly after 9:30, port pass in hand and transponder on vehicle. Staff were very nice. Not too many customers! I got a little lost finding the office, but all's well! Now, I just hope the political situation in Mexico calms down, the crime stops, our condo gets finished on time....yeah, I know, people in hell want ice water.....:spingrin:
paul r
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2006 at 02:34 PM

sdronnie.... how do you get to the office? we are going in the future... thanks paul
SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2006 at 03:29 PM

*805 South to the 905 East.
*Exit Siempre Viva Road
*Turn left onto Siempre Viva.
*Turn right at the Shell Station (Roll Dr. or St.)
*Go the stop sign
*Continue straight. Go past two small employee only parking lots, then you'll see parking lot for visitors on your right. Park and walk straight ahead. SENTRI office is well-marked (once you start walking)

Make sure you have all your paperwork with you, particularly proof of residency--utility bill, property tax bill (driver's license won't cut it). Also, passport, car insurance card, car registration. Since I had everything they asked for, it really was a pretty easy process, especially since I only applied online a few weeks ago. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.