Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Assaults on vehicles between Mexicali and San Felipe
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2006 at 12:55 PM

This week we are having a rash of robberies in the area of Marina La Paz by two guys in a white ford truck. They stop people walking and act like undercover police and ask a bunch of questions and ask to search you then they steal your money. My friends and coworkers have been robbed. I have seen them doing this all day in broad day light but what am I going to do? Pull them over with my fake secuirty guard badge and my white truck? Well I am looking for them anyway to take their photo for the police. Unfortunately the police are going nuts this week too looking for any chance to bug people to get their money for x-mas. It's hard to sleep, I wake up and look out the window often and all night long there are sirens going off though who knows... it could be a religous celebration?
QuePasaBaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2006 at 06:00 PM

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I sent you a U2U.

Have a Baja Day

QuePasaBaja
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 12-7-2006 at 06:16 PM

I was once almost tricked by the fake inspection trick just south of San Felipe. Several men pointing flashlights at the ground and wiggling them around. I am glad we didn't stop. I never thought I would say it, but thanks Doug Bowels.

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2006 at 06:59 PM

Here some good news I think. I finally realized today all the police action in my neighborhood (Manglito La Paz) is just that--heavy police presence. The police have been running around and showing up in huge groups along Rangel St and Topete in La Paz in the colonia Manglito which is near the water. Many times they basically come into the neighborhood from all directions at the same time like a net.

I was having a thanksgiving dinner and some were parked in front of my house in my parking spot so I pulled up behind them and asked if I should wait to park there, the officer replied "si un poquito tiempo". I looked in the window of the truck and each officer had 5 guns in their laps, including what looked like m16s-typical? Last night sirens began going off at about 4:30 am in what seemed like my bedroom and a lady announcing over loud speaker "cuidar sus ninos, cerar sus puertas, buscando para .... " or something like that. Then they continuned like that with sirens and trucks and announcements for about an hour. I thought it what an excercise for fun but in the morning I found out they followed some robbers to their house then raided it and found the stuff and drugs and took them away. This has been happening every few days. Although it is a little stressful seeing so many cops I realize that ther'e doing good work here with a strong focus on cleaning up the area by catching the bad guys... for some reason somebody wants this area cleaned up wooo hooo.

Maybe the are going to catch the fake cops and the bad cops too!!!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.