Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: tourist card
bajabob13
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2006 at 09:46 PM
tourist card

Can you still get your prepaid tourist card stamped at the checkpoint entering Baja Sur at Guerreo Negro
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 12-8-2006 at 11:11 PM

get it stamped at your point of entry; could save yourself a lot of grief!

[Edited on 12-9-2006 by bajabound2005]
awfulart
Nomad

Mood: Wondering what our Nit-Wit elected officials are doing now?

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 04:39 PM
Tourist Card

Is there a way of getting a tourist card in advance without belonging to some club or going to the consulate?

Presumably you can get one at the border crossing. Is there a place close to pay the fee?

Art
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabob13
Can you still get your prepaid tourist card stamped at the checkpoint entering Baja Sur at Guerreo Negro

Saw an RV pulled over at the GN checkpoint once. Bumped into the couple later in town. They had made it that far without a card or stamp and were given a hard time.

I've got stamped there once. Picked up the card at the Denver Mex Counsulate.

Guess it depends on who is on duty. I always get stamped at the border now.

:cool:

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 05:03 PM

Getting it right when you cross the border is still the cheapest and easiest way. Pay at the Banjercito right next to the immigration office, get it stamped and go.

If you buy it ahead of time, it costs more and you still have to get it stamped when you enter Mexico, so the time savings is debatable. Discover Baja sells them for $26, which is $6 more than when I got one at the border three months ago.

Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 06:30 PM

Don't know if things have changed but last year I bought mine right at the Mex-Insur office before I crossed the border at the same time I bought my insurance. Had it stamped at the Immigration office just as you come into Ensenada and was on my way. Presented it at GN then paid the $2 to spray my car and was out of there.

I know I was supposed to turn it in when I returned but have no idea where.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 06:34 PM

I keep hearing reports that the Ensenada migra is not stamping the cards without charging you a fine of $40 dollars or something to that order... This is of course illegal, but until the feds stop him you better get it stamped in Tijuana where it is easy to do... just inside the border in the secondary inspection area... go to the INM office facing the parking area.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 09:22 PM

This is me OKAY?? My neighbor paid a $ 40 peso per person in ensenada penalty. I went all the way down to santa rosilia no fine ??? Last year new visa at guerro negro no penalty go figure
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 10:21 PM
This is how we get our cards at the TJ crossing...

...instead of pulling into the parking lot you would use when declaring stuff, we stay to the Left and go through with most of the 'normal' traffic - wait for our 'Green Light' and then merge 'Right' and find a parking spot along the side, just after the Border buildings.

I then walk back and get my card from Immigration, fill it in, pay at the Bank window, take it back to Immigration for the final stamps.

Each 'visitor' must sign their name on those forms, but I always have just 'forged' my wife's name on her form (as she waits with the truck), and Immigration never questions it.

The whole process usually only takes about 10 min's - but we always cross the border in the wee hours of the morning, and there aren't any crowds to contend with...also, the officials just want to get rid of you at that time in morning!

The one time we had to get a card at GN, they were very pleasant, and just told us to go to a Bank to pay and have stamped before coming back North again - which we did in greater downtown GN!

Do it at your Port of Entry - it's lots less hastle, and you are covered if you get stopped along the way for any reason...:barf:

[Edited on 12-28-2006 by Mexray]

party0007.gif - 4kB

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 10:34 PM
T. permit..

If you belong to the Vagabundos it is so easy to get it in a very quick time by mail...With in a week. They are the best at it and taking care in insurance and fishing /boat permits.

My next door neighbor in Baja , that I travel down with just stops at the GN Ag inspection and pays right there. 15 minutes. We did it 2 months ago and 4 months ago. In the last 3 years My freind has done this 3-4 times a year.

I like to have my stuff done early...Vagabundos....

martin-o
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 06:31 AM

he didn't pay there...

he paid the VAGS when he got the FMT

he ONLY had the visa stamped there

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 08:08 AM

3-4 times a year??? For the $20 dollar fee you can have it for 6 mos.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 07:40 PM

Crossed Christmas morning, parked, walked up to all the windows.
CERRADO!!!
Sooooo, we just went on down the road and forgot about it.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 07:49 PM

So much for open 24/7 !!?

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 07:50 PM

You know since they don't mind their own citizens being in our country without papers, I guess the same goes for us now???

Norm
Junior Nomad

Mood: GOOD!!!!!

thumbup.gif posted on 12-28-2006 at 07:51 PM

YES WE DO THE STAMPING THING AT THE STATE LINE !!! NO PROBLEMO ????? B.S.C.
TRY A FM3 & YOU WILL BE IN GOOD SHAPE FROM NOW ON !!
WE TRAVEL TWO TIMES A YEAR TO OUR HOUSE IN LAPAZ ..

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.