Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2006 at 07:31 AM
Surfin' Safari

Yes, you can surf in Cleveland
Surfing in Cleveland
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2006 at 09:37 AM

Is anyone clicking on the blue type and reading the story here? It's a good one.:biggrin::dudette:

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-10-2006 at 10:33 AM

Cool mon...I can relate as I grew up on Lake Erie...those guys are hard core. People think I'm crazy swimming here in 72 degree water (today). By the way there is a monster swell today, about 12 feet at least....beauuuuutiful indeed. ONly problem is our blowhole makes a helluva booooom which kept me awake all night ready to run outside if needs be. Anyone heard from the Rasta surfer family?? Last I heard they were headed to Abreojos?

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2006 at 12:46 PM

Shhhh, don't anybody tell the guy in the pic that there's no sign of the wave he thinks he's riding. Maybe the delirium from chronic hypothermia allows them to see waves that aren't visible to the rest of us.

But guys who are this enthusiastic would be a blast to surf with so I'd paddle out just for that reason, except...

As a wise friend of mine says "I don't surf in water temp that's less than my age". So the older I get, the warmer the water has to be.
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2006 at 02:53 PM

I never thought to go surfing in the cold water of Lake Michigan when I was growing up, but I sure loved to swim in it in the summer. Now I'll go snorkel or swim here in the winter IF the water is blue enough and IF the sand is white enough and IF the sun is hot enough... :D maybe I should get a wet suit to extend the season:light:

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2006 at 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Cool mon...I can relate as I grew up on Lake Erie...those guys are hard core. People think I'm crazy swimming here in 72 degree water (today).

72 is warm. Grew up surfing N. California -- Bloody Triangle --Farrallone Islands, Santa Cruz and San Francisco (probably Pt. Ryes now). Checked Surfline yesterday as SF is getting a major storm -- surfline.com.

Ocean Beach was blown out. Water 55.

Anyone from Erie area get's a free cerveza!

:cool:
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2006 at 06:24 PM
No sharks in Erie

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Cool mon...I can relate as I grew up on Lake Erie...those guys are hard core. People think I'm crazy swimming here in 72 degree water (today).

72 is warm. Grew up surfing N. California -- Bloody Triangle --Farrallone Islands, Santa Cruz and San Francisco (probably Pt. Ryes now). Checked Surfline yesterday as SF is getting a major storm -- surfline.com.

Just called this area the Bloody Triangle today.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/baycitynews/...

Surfer survives great white shark attack off Marin County
Bay City News
Sunday, December 10, 2006 04 34 PM

Printable Version
Email This Article
(06-14) 15:34 PDT MARIN COUNTY -- The great white shark attack today on a 43-year-old surfer paddling offshore of a Marin County beach was the first to happen in that vicinity in about 10 years, a fire captain said.

Royce Frailey, of Guernville, was surfing with friends before he was attacked around 11:50 a.m. off Dillon Beach in northwest Marin County, according to Marin County fire Capt. Rick Wonneberger.

Before today's incident, Wonneberger said he could recall only one other shark attack in the area, a nonfatal bite occurring about 10 years ago.

Frailey suffered minimal wounds, as the predator apparently sunk only one jaw's worth of teeth into the surfer's surfboard.

The board showed teeth marks from the attack, and Frailey himself was pulled 15 feet under the waves before the shark let go of his thigh and leg, the captain said.

"He is very lucky to be alive," Wonneberger said.

Frailey was paddling facedown when he felt a surge of water and then a bite, the fire captain said.

A friend who was surfing 10 feet away from Frailey said it was a great white shark measuring between 12 and 15 feet.

Copyright 2006 by Bay City News, Inc. Replication, republication or retransmission without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

Ads by Google

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.