Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Driving during holidays
dgi

Mood: Don't worry, be happy

[*] posted on 12-15-2006 at 03:02 PM
Driving during holidays

How is the gas looking for driving down to La Paz from Xmas to New Years? How about hotels? We are bringing a dog and called La Pinta and they take them everywhere except Ensenada but I don't know if the Christmas - New Years is a big hotel rush. Don't want to get stuck with no hotel. Usually go down for Thanksgiving and never have a problem. I know most of you guys have houses down there but we don't. We sometimes fly into Mulege.(Capt. Mike, do yu have a trailer at Serenidad? We go on the Whale trips with BBP.)
Bruce in Mulege- I am new to this board but love it. You are a really good help. I heard Rays Place moved to Mulege. Where is he? We will stop in Mulege and try to look you up.
Thanks all for the great updates and posts.
Donna Grubbs
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 12-16-2006 at 12:47 PM

dgi,

I hope the gas situation is straightened out in the coming days. Also, I hope we find out if barge crossings and wind are the real reasons why there are shortages. Better keep an eye on the situation. If Guerrero Negro Pemex stations are having a financial problem, as stated in another string, that world really be bad for through traffic. That town is vital for gas because it is a long haul south until the next stations.

Regarding Ray's Restaurant, I haven't seen or heard anywhere else that he has moved the Restaurant to Mulege. A developer has evicted the residents at Santispac. Can anyone confirm news about Ray's? Also, what about Anna's? :?::?:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 12-16-2006 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dgi
How is the gas looking for driving down to La Paz from Xmas to New Years? How about hotels? We are bringing a dog and called La Pinta and they take them everywhere except Ensenada but I don't know if the Christmas - New Years is a big hotel rush. Don't want to get stuck with no hotel. Usually go down for Thanksgiving and never have a problem. I know most of you guys have houses down there but we don't. We sometimes fly into Mulege.(Capt. Mike, do yu have a trailer at Serenidad? We go on the Whale trips with BBP.)
Bruce in Mulege- I am new to this board but love it. You are a really good help. I heard Rays Place moved to Mulege. Where is he? We will stop in Mulege and try to look you up.
Thanks all for the great updates and posts.
Donna Grubbs

Hi Donna Ray has moved to a ranch about 4 miles west of Mulege he was working on his restaurant before the flood but I don't know if it is open.

see you when you get here

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2006 at 10:46 PM
We just ate at both Ray's and Anna's at Santispac.

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
dgi,

Regarding Ray's Restaurant, I haven't seen or heard anywhere else that he has moved the Restaurant to Mulege. A developer has evicted the residents at Santispac. Can anyone confirm news about Ray's? Also, what about Anna's? :?::?:

The larger permanent palapa structures are Santispac have until the end of January to vacate. Most are tearing down thier places and rebuilding elsewhere..some 5 or 6 are moving their palapas to the old, but never used, RV campground area at Coyote Bay across from the Estrella del Mar roadside cafe/bar...Boney Diaz's place. A few people have just abandoned their emptied palapas to the new owner or to or to whoever buys the beach concession there through the proper authorities governing the Zona Federal.

Cuban Ray Lima has indeed opened a new business up the Mulege river valley some miles ....named after Hemingway (he was an old Cuba fan, remember). He will operate this in addition to his Santispac cafe, namely, Ray's.

Both Ray's and Anna's cafes at Santispac are open and doing business..we have eaten many times at each in the last few weeks. They will remain open and are not being evicted..so we were told by both Fabby (Ray's wife) and Russ, Anna's cafe owner. Both places have great menus and good times at the bar. We had a particularily good time eating and watching the ball games at Anna's. So...nothing has changed so far in regards to the Santispac beach cafes.

Summanus....ancient Roman Nightly Thunder God. He liked refrieds too.
dgi

Mood: Don't worry, be happy

[*] posted on 12-17-2006 at 02:38 PM

Thanks for the info on Rays Place and Annas. We are not retired yet and can only come down a couple times a year, but love going to "Six Pack" and the local fare of Mulege area. We were at Seneridad for Thanksgiving in our plane and someone told us about Santispac being closed. What is really happening? They said it willl be like the old days with only RV's and camping. I find that hard to believe as this is one of the most beautiful beaches on the coast. We are leaving on Fri Dec 22 to drive down to La Paz. Kind of a mission to check things out. We are planning to retire and take our big boat around from CA to mainland MX and Baja next Nov. I am the one bring the dog with us with no hotel reservations. Hope we find rooms. Would like to hear any info on gas and roads and hotels for our trip. thanks to all.
Donna Grubbs

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.