BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Iflyfish ~ YouFlyfish ~ something is Fishy...
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2006 at 12:18 PM

STROKERS REEF BAR - Been told that this is now famous place for gringos in LTO. WHY I know? It's across Kellys place.

djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 12-20-2006 at 12:27 PM
Several !

Hi Jerry,

20 days will go quick... especially with the holildays!

Several new places...

Islas Restraunt on the malecon ~ (where the nice ficus lined walkway from the square ends) - nice folks, Restraunt w/ good food, and a small bar... They've been open almost a year now, I think. Owners, Tom and Michelle, are friends, and live upstairs from the biz when in town.

Another one next to the dive shop... Luna something... I have not stopped there yet. Alexander had showed me that lot, and I would have bought it in a heartbeat, but it was already under purchase contract.. I've heard nice things...

There is a new baitshop and bar... also on the Malecon, right next to where McCaws sits. Nice little upstairs view over the malecon and S.O.C. I've been by but not in.... but I've heard nice things about the owner / staff there also.

Mediterranero (sp?) is a big fancy schmantzy restraunt with quite high prices (IMHO).. Not a "watering hole".... more of a place to "get hosed" maybe...? :?: ? In reality we TRIED to go to dinner there once, but we waited about 15 minutes for anyone to even aknowledge us, and were then told it would be a 15 minute wait.... and there were only 3 tables in use.? ? ? Yeah right.... Haven't been back.

And then there is our friend Juan Carlos at Mita's... not new, but still one of our all time, anywhere, favorites. Juan Carlos is just such a nice fellow and has become good neighbor and friend ~ and he knows food !

I bet there are even more new openings since our last trip in August... Loreto appears to be booming...

Have a good trip!

Sorry we'll miss you this trip.... Next time, maybe.
David ~ djh

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2006 at 12:49 PM

Djh and Farasha thanks for the update i havent been in loreto since last feb cant wait to get back sounds like the towns buzzzzing im not sure where Kellys place is but im sure it wont be hard to find the gringo happy hour thanks again see ya next time Djh

jerry and judi
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 12-20-2006 at 01:11 PM

Never judge anybody by the number of teeth in their head, their ideas and attitudes might be something to admire..:tumble: Have some snaggle tooth buddies down in the deep south that work in hum-drum jobs(painting etc.), but are world-class people.:tumble::biggrin::)
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2006 at 01:30 PM

OH - jerry,sorry, I meant kellychapman from this board,( she hasn't been online for a week), the bar is close to the malecon, in the neighborhood behind the "giggling dolphin" restaurant. Which is BTW EXCELLENT good food, good drinks!!Not THAT pricey, nice place!!!

Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2006 at 02:03 PM

Jerry, you will probably want to check out Stroker's Reef. It's on the litte street one south of Juarez, half way between the malecon and the plaza. People go to Augie's too, next to the old McCaws, which no longe exists.

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2006 at 02:05 PM
Cantflyfishdontflyfishwontflyfishwhyflyfish?

Whenyoucantrollfish!:lol:

Itrollfish;D
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2006 at 02:08 PM

Guess the cold here has slowed ME down:lol::lol::lol:

5 posts happened while I typed 3 little sentences:O:O:O

DUH!!!

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2006 at 02:10 PM

FranklyI'dratherjusteatfish.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2006 at 04:01 PM
Idoflyfish....

actually.I've a couple of Fenwiccks and three split-bamboo rods. Learned my skills from my dad up on the Kern Plateau. I miss that.

Have yet to flyfishbaja!:yes:
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2006 at 09:34 PM

thanks everyone i was at augies for his opening last year ill be down for 6 weeks + so ill have to be checking out all of them

jerry and judi
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 09:21 PM

Ijigfish alot...or Ifishthejig:P
fandango
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2007 at 06:25 PM

iflyfishisbackfromhisbajaexpedition
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.