Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Books for the rancho kids' boarding school in Mulege
Baja Bucko
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2006 at 06:59 PM
Books for the rancho kids' boarding school in Mulege

I will be stocking the "library" of the little boarding school for ranch kids in Mulege. I have been gradually searching for and accumulating books for k-8th+ and try to buy hardback or library binding as much as I can so that the books will last.

I have put together many titles from the sciences, history, biographies, geography, some classics and juvenile fiction and a few just plain fun reading. The little rural school here in Oregon kindergarten-1st grade class will have a bottle drive to collect a little money to help and I will be giving the elementary school a presentation on the hurricane in Baja and the town of Mulege and surrounding areas. The little guys will be studying "water" so the hurricane and the flood of September will fit right in.

I am hoping that someone might be willing to donate a set of Harry Potter books (hardback or library/school binding) or the Narnia series for the project? Any help will be appreciated! I will be delivering the books to the boarding school in Mulege after my muletrip-probably abt Mar 23 or so. Thanks!

PS If anyone has a good source for books in Spanish that might be cheaper than what I've been doing please pass on the info!!!

My other 4WD is a Baja Mule!

La Mula Mil Survivor 2013-2014!
1000 miles by mule from the tip to Tecate!
Baja Bucko
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2006 at 08:44 PM
books

Ahhh the miracles of the internet! I have spent the last 2 months going thru amazon.com and a few other book companies-searching their zillions of libros en espanol. We have verrry slow dial-up so I spend hours at nite looking and trying to find the best prices. I will be drawing titles from my "amazon" book list and also a norcal book publisher (tho these guys have just a few paperback kids' books). The Potter and Narnia collections (in espanol) will be a great edition. I know of kids both here in the US and Mexico who reread these books they are such great stories........

The kindergarten teacher at the local school will be trying get her teacher prices on what books I can find at "teacher's sites". Wish me luck!

My other 4WD is a Baja Mule!

La Mula Mil Survivor 2013-2014!
1000 miles by mule from the tip to Tecate!
bigjohn
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2006 at 09:49 PM

baja bucko,

Email me your mailing address and I will send you some Harry Potter books that are hardbacks and in espanol. I think I have four of them and have ordered the other two. My email address is bigjohn56@cox.net.

Happy New Year!!

bigjohn
CasaManzana
Nomad

Mood: Naykid

[*] posted on 12-29-2006 at 09:51 PM
This must be the same school that did the Christmas presentation for us here at La Playa Posada- see link posted

http://www.forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=21620#pid...
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-29-2006 at 10:13 PM

The Nomads are great folks Bucko... I am very glad to see you here!

Now, if you might share some stories of your muleback trips on the Camino Real... it would be a GREAT series!!!:light::P:yes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2006 at 09:49 AM

Ebay has many books in spanish, including many childrens books.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.