Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rosarito restaurants?
Tommy A
Nomad

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 1-3-2007 at 02:52 PM
Rosarito restaurants?

Going to Rosarito tommorow 1/4 and looked thru some old post for good restaurant found:

Tacos Loco in Rosarito
Los Pelicanos
Vince's Seafood
Carnitas Michoacan
Taqueria 2000
Rosa Mar in Puerto Nuevo
Yaquis

are these still good places and or are there some new ones that you would recommend. Thank You
Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2007 at 06:21 PM

Los Pelicanos and El Nido are about the same...excellent! Same owner.
Los Pelicanos also has a hotel and a great view.

Therianthropic
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 1-3-2007 at 10:31 PM

If you feel like taking a short drive south along the free road, try the NY Deli in Puerto Nuevo. I recommend the NY style pastrami........if Dave is there, he may engage you in some interesting and worthwile conversation
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2007 at 10:50 PM

I love pastrami sandwiches...and miss the NY style. I did a search on the NY Deli location, but can't seem to find it's exact location other than south on the free road to Puerto Nuevo.

Can someone fill us in on the south and northbound turnoffs from the toll road? Some landmark or ? We will stop next time through and get our sammys. Thanks.

Summanus....ancient Roman Nightly Thunder God. He liked refrieds too.
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 1-4-2007 at 07:30 AM

Just between Puerto Nuevo town and the Newport Hotel. About 1000 feet south of the entrance to Puerto Nuevo.

You'll see it.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2007 at 07:58 AM

Thanks to The Gull. Your directions are clear and appreciated. We will be stopping at the deli on our next trip through.

In all our years of driving to Baja Sur, we have usually planned to get south as quickly as possible, but now we have another reason to linger while in this area...a NY style pastrami sandwich! Brings to mind this fact: The luxury of having time to stop and smell the roses ... priceless.

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 1-4-2007 at 09:43 AM
Thunder

NY Deli is normally closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the winter. (edit is because I failed to include a subject in this sentence,)

Oh! Lupe Perez, owner of El Nido's, is now carrying all of my books in his new gift shop.

My wife says the deserts are to kill for.............:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 1-4-2007 by Baja Bernie]

[Edited on 1-4-2007 by Baja Bernie]

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2007 at 10:07 AM

I copy the Tuesday-Wednesday closings. Thanks, Bernie.

p.s. Put another 's' in that after-dinner treat and order me some peach flambe made with Grand Mariner. ;)

Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 1-4-2007 at 12:08 PM
Summanus

"Put another 's' in that after-dinner treat and order me some peach flambe made with Grand Mariner."

In a Deli???

Dave's wife would probably make you some---BUT---I'm sure that you would have to order ahead.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 1-4-2007 at 04:40 PM
Bernie's speling is an advnchure

Quote:
Originally posted by Summanus
I copy the Tuesday-Wednesday closings. Thanks, Bernie.

p.s. Put another 's' in that after-dinner treat and order me some peach flambe made with Grand Mariner. ;)

giving spelling advice to this man is like feeding minnows to a whale, it just disappears into that great maw and never is seen again...
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 1-4-2007 at 08:16 PM
Schoolmarm

Sometimes your evaluation of your fellow man is just a tad tough to appreciate. Being rather helpful in private and cutting in public may be considered funny by you. Sadly, to this old fool, it merely displays a lack of class and becomes rather trying.

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 1-4-2007 at 11:17 PM
OUCH!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
Sometimes your evaluation of your fellow man is just a tad tough to appreciate. Being rather helpful in private and cutting in public may be considered funny by you. Sadly, to this old fool, it merely displays a lack of class and becomes rather trying.

mea culpa!!
disculpeme!
lo siento.... mucho!!!
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 1-7-2007 at 07:39 AM
Runner

No harm my friend! As a result of your various comments I coined a new saying.

“After a time even pin cushions reject the needle.” By Bernie Swaim :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2007 at 07:49 PM

Yeah ---- knock it off.......please. When your attitude starts going south, pack up your truck and head south.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.