Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: FM3 from La Paz
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 1-3-2007 at 09:28 PM
FM3 from La Paz

:no: I seem to have misplaced my "list" of things I need to have with me to get my FM3. I will be doing it in La Paz. I do remember that there were some things on that list that were NOT required (as compared to Mexican consulate in Vanc) such as police security report. Is there any chance any of you Nomads would have that list??? I do remember the 3 months bank statements.

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2007 at 09:58 PM

Yup!!

1. Official soliciting form filled out (Immigration will provide)
2. Letter signed by applicant requesting extension/permanent residence/change of activity/immigration status (as appropriate)
3. Your passport & one copy
4. Original & one copy of your present Mexican immigration document (either current FM3 or paper FMT)
5. Proof of domicile in Mexico (electric/phone/water bill in your name or for your address)
6. Last 3 banks statements for no less than 250 days of official minimum wages in the Federal District of Mexico
7. Three copies of form #SAT 5 (buy at most paper supply stores...or at La Cava tienda one block from Immigration)
8. one manila folder ..... and a partridge in a pear tree!:lol:

Above is what you need for an FM3 renewal....a LOT more if you want a "working" visa, or just add 3 front & 3 profile B&W photographs (not instant) 4x4cm if it's for your first FM3.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2007 at 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by longlegsinlapaz
Yup!!

1. Official soliciting form filled out (Immigration will provide)
2. Letter signed by applicant requesting extension/permanent residence/change of activity/immigration status (as appropriate)
3. Your passport & one copy
4. Original & one copy of your present Mexican immigration document (either current FM3 or paper FMT)
5. Proof of domicile in Mexico (electric/phone/water bill in your name or for your address)
6. Last 3 banks statements for no less than 250 days of official minimum wages in the Federal District of Mexico
7. Three copies of form #SAT 5 (buy at most paper supply stores...or at La Cava tienda one block from Immigration)
8. one manila folder ..... and a partridge in a pear tree!:lol:

Above is what you need for an FM3 renewal....a LOT more if you want a "working" visa, or just add 3 front & 3 profile B&W photographs (not instant) 4x4cm if it's for your first FM3.

What about photos? I'm told they are needed.

How many frontal? Sides?

:cool:
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2007 at 10:16 PM

Thank longlegs
Re: bank statements... is that 3 months of our bank statements here in Canada?
Re: 3 copies of form # Sat 5 ?????? What is that?

maybe!
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2007 at 07:19 AM

Lee: The pic requirement IS in my original post: "....or just add 3 front & 3 profile B&W photographs (not instant) 4x4cm if it's for your first FM3." And there is a photographer on the first cross-street one block off the Malecon on the 16th of September, left corner, I think second business from the corner. ;)

Marie-Rose: Location of the bank doesn't matter, and they're fine with computer printouts...but be sure your bank actually shows your full account name on the on-line printout (mine only has first name for security reasons on the online version, so I took a 5-6 y/o real statement to prove that it was the same account # but showing my full name). Kate's right, there have been years that I took a combination of Mexican AND USA statements to come up to the minimum $$ amount required, for my renewals!! The "SAT 5" form can be purchased at most "paper supply" stores, you take the form in & Immigration types your information & the amount due & you take it to the bank to pay the FM3 fees, the bank keeps a copy, immigration keeps a copy & you get a copy.

Kate: I seem to recall the physical description questions, but I applied & received my original FM3 at the Mexican Consulate in Portland in October 1999, so I'm a little hazy on the details on that one. It's likely the first item on the list; "1. Official soliciting form", but Immigration will provide. Also, it's interesting that you said ALL pages of your passport, because for the last 7 years for my renewal, they've only required the page showing your pic & adjoining page showing point of issue, etc. But I can understand that they might want to see what other countries you've visited to weed out possible "unsavory characters". :lol:

Don't worry, the guys in the La Paz Immigration office are really nice & helpful & they all speak English!:bounce: This process can vary from visit to visit, and I've made a game of trying to second-guess what new spin they'll have up their sleeves from year-to-year.:lol: If they ask for something not on the official list, either provide it, or politely attempt to negotiate providing something other than what they ask for, but which would provide the same info they're seeking. They are flexible as long as you treat them respectfully & politely. This is not a one-stop process! You go to Immigration, to the bank & back to Immigration; they'll tell you when to return for your finalized FM3. When I renewed in December, it was a 1-week turn-around, but based on their backlog, it can take longer.
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2007 at 07:42 AM

Fabulous information!! Thank you.
17 more sleeps!!!!!:bounce::bounce:

maybe!
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2007 at 08:11 AM

Da nada! More than likely, only 16 more sleeps....you'll probably be too wired to sleep 17 nights from now!:bounce:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.