Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Flights Lto/San??
tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2007 at 06:48 PM
Flights Lto/San??

Anyone hear of resumption of Aeromexico service to/from San Diego/Loreto??
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2007 at 08:09 PM

I haven't heard anything. I'm pretty sure they haven't resumed yet, I haven't seen their big jet fly over.

I thought they were done for good with that flight. Have you heard that the cancellation of the route was temporary?
tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2007 at 08:46 PM
Flights

Someone said that when they halted the service it would resume 18 January. Expedia doesn't know about it, and you'd think they would by now.
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2007 at 06:32 AM

When I took the next to last flight in October, the ground personal in SAN told me they thought it might resume after the first of the year, only with smaller equipment. Maybe Aero Literol (sp?). Hope so, I realy miss that flight.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2007 at 09:11 AM

On Dec. 18 Delta just opened up L.A. to Loreto and I was on the first flight. I took the American Airlines shuttle from San Diego and the price of the shuttle was included. I tried to go Aeromexico and they wanted $900.00 with a 5 hour stop in Hermosillo. The increase was probably because of Christmas but still is expensive anytime Aeromex. I paid $350.00 round trip S.D-L.A. Loreto---and return.

Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2007 at 10:06 AM

The problem with the Delta flights is the schedule, which is more or less the same as Alaska's. With flights departing Loreto in the afternoon and arriving fairly early in the day, it is impossible to travel without overnight layovers.

Better connections could be made to points farther than LA if flights left Loreto in the morning and arrived in the evening, as the Aerocalifornia flights did.

tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2007 at 03:28 PM
Flights

Lips:

How did you book that? I tried Expedia, and their Delta offerings are waaay higher.
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2007 at 03:50 PM

Yes, please.... The best I have found from way So. Ca. is to fly TIJ to La Paz on Avolar and bus to LTO. You have to have the time...but you can grt flights for less than 100 us one way. www.avolar.com.mex
Riom
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2007 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tehag
tried Expedia, and their Delta offerings are waaay higher.

Probably depends mostly on the dates, but delta.com shows LAX-LTO at $278 R/T incl taxes for Jan 29-Feb 1, for example. Another $100 with connection from SAN though.
Worldtraveller
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2007 at 06:58 PM

Also $278 on Alaska Airlines. I prefer Alaska's 737 to Delta's small airplane.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.